Chapter 2: Interview

[Jinri's POV]

The man smiled brightly at me. At my perspective, he's at his 20s and stand at 5'11".

"Miss?" He waved his hand in front of my face. I blinked many times and bowed down.

"I'm sorry. Uhh... I saw this and.." I showed him the flyer. "I was wondering if I could apply.." I said softly, shyness filling each words.

He smiled again. "Ah! Yes, yes. Please come in, lady." He stepped aside to give way for me.

We stepped inside, and I've just seen the most beautiful place.

In front is a meters-high fountain that squirts water, creating a rainbow-effect. At the right is a olympic-size pool, and at the other side is a collections of topiary, rare flowers and plants, few trees, and a gazeboo.

Is this even real?

We reached the mansion. He turned his face on me.

"I am Ha Maru. In this house, I am the butler of this house. I prefer to be called Butler Maru." He introduced himself.

I nodded. "I am Shin Jinri. Please take care of me." I bowed formally.

His melodic laughter filled the air. "A corteous girl I have here. We should head inside my office to start your interview." He said and opened the main door, with me following him behind.

"Whoa."

A grand staircase welcomed me. I looked up and saw a huge chandelier swinging on the ceiling, beautiful vases and figurines on the tables and shelves, a sofa that looks like a king-size bed for me.

I followed Butler Maru until he stopped in front of a door. He turned the knob and went inside
It was a classic office-type room.

He sat down on the seat. "Please sit down." He offered. I nodded and took a seat in front of him.

"Ms. Shin, can you tell me something about you?" He asked as he opened his Macbook and looked at me.

"I am seventeen years old, and I worked as a waitress in a public restaurant. I am capable with anything and everything." I started.

He tapped his chin. "What do you mean 'you're capable with anything and everything'?" He asked.

"I'm not picky. I used to sleep in a stockroom when I was still working on a restaurant. I eat any kind of food-- I can live just with bread and water." I explained.

"That's surprising." He mused. "You've experienced many things at a very young age." He said and typed something at the Macbook.

"How about your educational background?" He asked.

I gulped down. What will I say? If I told him that I did not finish my highschool, he might not accept me.

But if I told him that I'm a highschool graduate, there's a big possibility that he'll hire me.

What if he asks for the copy of my diploma? Or ask where did I graduated? No, I can't tell him that.

But he'll not hire me. Omona~

"Ms. Shin?" He snapped his fingers.

"Jinri, my daughter. You should always tell the truth no matter what. Once you lied, you're not fooling others; you're fooling yourself."

Right.

"Actually... I did not finish my highschool. I was in my 9th grade, when I quit. My salary is not enough to send myself to school." I explained, lowering my head.