Chapter 35: Tutor

(Jinri's POV)

With the exams coming up in the next two weeks, we were given a break from the preparation of the annual play for us to be ready for the exam.

"Now that I explained this to you for the third time, do you fully understand it now?"

"Yes.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you lying?"

"Y-yes."

Namjoon-ssi sighed as he helplessly looked at Taehyung-ssi, whose eyes are already brimming with tears.

"But hyung, I don't need to study; as long as I have this lucky rolly pencil I'll survive the exams."

"You have to." Namjoon-ssi didn't even spare him a glance, too busy writing down another example for him. "Let's try this again."

Staying in the library during our free time is a good opportunity for us to help each other on our weak subjects, as Namjoon-ssi suggested. And I can't agree more.

"Jinri-bear." Jungkook-ssi softly whispered to me. "Can I ask you a question?"

I put down my textbook to give him my full attention. "Of course, Jungkook-ssi. I'll try to help you with the best I can."

"You see..." My sight fell on the book between his hands; a science book opened on the topic of the reproductive system.

"Do girls also get period on weekends?"

I nodded softly, unsure of what he really wants to know.

"Good lord." He frowned on me.

I tilted my head in confusion, but he just nodded knowingly and turned back to reading on his own.

"Master Yoongi, do you need any help with your study?" I raised my head and saw him snoring softly, his head ducked in the table.

Wah, he must be staying up late to study on his own. Master Yoongi is indeed an independent person.

"Yoongi." Seokjin-ssi shook his shoulder to wake him up. "May I remind you that we're here to study for the exams."

Master Yoongi tiredly opened his one eye to glare at him. "No."

"That was a gentle reminder, yet your single word of defiance brings me ungodly amounts of rage." Now Seokjin-ssi was angry at him.

"Jinriiiii." Jimin-ssi whined beside me. "I don't understand this formula."

"O-oh!" I snapped out from dazing and looked on his paper filled with scribbles and doodles. "You see, you just have to transpose this one over here and follow the equation, like this." I showed him a sample on how to compute with the given formula.

He clapped his hands when we came up with the correct answer. "Wah, I understand it now! If only all the tutors are as kind as Jinri, then I'll be happy to study! Unlike some people..." He sneakily send a glare to Hoseok-ssi.

Hoseok-ssi let out a somewhat sarcastic laugh. "You gotta try harder if you want to offend me."

"I'm happy to help you, Jimin-ssi." I smiled at him.

I returned back to my own textbook to continue where I left off, but my mind somehow wandered off.

Being able to study again, I must be very lucky.

As much as I would like to study, but there's no one for me to support my needs; that's why I have to set aside of my goal to finish my studies and work first to come up with enough money to support my expenses once I go back to school again.