Chapter 24: Trust

(Jinri's POV)

"SHE DID WHAT!?"

Namjoon-ssi rested his hands on his hips, eyeing Jaena-ssi critically. "You can't just waltz over here and blabber about Jinri hurting you."

"B-but it's true!" She insisted. "Last saturday, I saw her at the mall's restroom. And then she suddenly--" Jaena-ssi choked back her tears. "She suddenly pulled my hair!"

Taehyung-ssi gasped. "And why would Jinri-chu do that? She's so pure; I swear I saw her apologizing to a door when she bumped on it."

"I don't know, she just pulled my hair!" Jaena-ssi said.

Seokjin-ssi interrupted in. "Now, now. Let us clear things up."

He walked towards me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Jinri, you good girl, I know you wouldn't do such thing as what Jaena accuses you. But did you pull Jaena's hair?"

"Nae." I nodded.

"HAH!?" Everyone of them literally yelled.

Jaena-ssi folded her arms. "See, I told you she hurt me!"

"Hold it, Jaena." Namjoon-ssi raised his index on her to shush her. "Kitten, did you just admit that you hurt her?"

I nodded again. "As what Jaena-ssi has said, I saw her at the restroom. She greeted me, and I greeted her as well. Then I saw her struggling with something on her hair."

"And?" Namjoon-ssi asked for me to continue.

"I saw that her hairpin got stuck on her hair, so I helped her on pulling it out. But the hairpin was all knotted in, that's why I said that the only way to remove it is to pull out some strands of her hair knotted on it."

Namjoon-ssi held his chin, understanding my statement. "Okay, so you mean you just helped her with her hair, and didn't mean to hurt her?"

"Nae." I confirmed.

"W-what are you talking about?" Jaena-ssi pointed at me. "You're lying! You purposely pulled my hair, and told me to stay away from Namjoon and others, or else you'll hurt me more!"

I frowned. "I did not said that. I only asked on what section are you in, and told you that your hairpin is cute."

Jaena-ssi was slightly shaking, her eyes glinting with anger. "You liar!"

"And you just left after we removed your hairpin." I added. "I didn't have the chance to return this to you."

I picked the shiny hairpin from my pocket and handed it to her.

"W-what the..."

Seokjin-ssi examined the pin. "I sat beside her at classroom, and I can say that this is Jaena's hairpin. She wears this everyday."

"How does it feel to have your lies backfire at you?" Taehyung-ssi mocked. "Psh, pathetic."

"That wasn't nice, Taehyung-ssi." I said.

He pouted. "But she just called you a liar! I can't let someone do that to Jinri-chu."

"Jaena, please stop this." Namjoon-ssi looked at her. "You shouldn't be talking about something that's not true."

She knuckled her fists. "Are you saying that I'm a liar? You met that girl months ago, and you're confident that she's all good?"

I lowered my head.

True, I've just met them all months ago and they all accepted me as their friend. They don't know me fully, yet they're putting so much trust in me just because I work for Master Yoongi.