Chapter 34: The Date

(Jinri's POV)

"Shin Jinri! Thank God you came!"

Yugyeom-ssi quickly noticed my presence as I reached our meeting place. He gave me a glance-over and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You look cute in our uniform, but you look cuter in casual outfits like these." He smiled at me.

My eyes looked away from his and bowed down. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Yugyeom-ssi."

"Don't mind it." He held my hand. "I thought you were going to stood up on me, but Jinri's not that type of person, right?"

I gasped at the sudden contact and tried to took away my hand, only for him to hold it tighter. "Hey, let's hold hands. There's a lot of people today and I can't afford losing you in this crowd."

"B-b-but.." I tried to think of other reasons for him to let go, but he already put our locked hands inside his coat's pocket, glancing at me again and smiled. "Shall we go?"

Sighing in defeat, I just followed his lead and let him take me to wherever he wants to go.

The walk was calm. Yugyeom-ssi would open topics to start the conversation and he would sometimes share something about himself. It was like he didn't mind this whole going-out thing, as if he's having fun with it.

"...and I go here sometimes when I feel bored, that's why I'm familiar in this place." He said, pointing at all the shops and explaining to me some stuff.

"See, it's not bad right? Just think of this as two schoolmates hanging out to catch up with each other."

"He's too much!"

Eh?

"Hmph! Why are we all just standing here? We should snatch Jinri-chu and run away now!"

I whipped my head behind upon hearing my name, trying to find who called me, but the huge crowd made it impossible.

"But I did hear my name. It sounds too familiar." I mumbled.

"Anything wrong?" Yugyeom-ssi looked down on me as he noticed I stopped on my track.

I shook my head. "Nothing. I thought I heard my name being called."

Yugyeom-ssi hummed and looked around, him being tall made it easy to look over the people. His eyes got fixated on the position near the restaurant, and he laughed while shaking his head.

"They suck at following around, but they sure are too over-protective of you." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, not fully understanding what he said.

Yugyeom-ssi pulled me again. "Nothing. Let's go eat first so you can cheer up, Shin Jinri."

Even if Yugyeom-ssi tried to cheer me up, it did nothing to what I felt inside.

He's right, this is just the two of us hanging out and enjoying the weekend as schoolmates; no more, no less. But with Yugyeom-ssi doing rather romantic gestures at me will definitely give the crowd another idea.

"Oh, this shop just opened last week." Yugyeom-ssi tugged my hand. "Let's check it out."

I blushed. "O-o-okay."

We entered the café and sat down, the waiter greeting us as he handed the menu.

"A lovely morning for the lovely couple here." The waiter smiled.

"A-ah!" I raised my hands up and waived it over at him. "I-i-i-t's not like th--"

Yugyeom-ssi chuckled and held my hand again. "We look good together, don't we?"