4. consolations

chapter four:
consolations.

the next morning, beatrice was awoken by her alarm blaring. she groaned and rolled around, grabbing her phone from her bedside table.

she turned the alarm off and noticed that it was Saturday.

one of her favorite days.

she usually went to her pool and got a tan before getting ready for the day. Beatrice and celeste would go out and maybe shop, go to the gym or have some ice cream at SubZero.

so that's exactly what she got ready for. she headed to her closet and grabbed her bikini and shorts before putting them in the sink.

she jumped on the shower and quickly cleaned herself.

after changing into a two set peach colored swimsuits and putting a pair of white short shorts on, beatrice grabbed her stuff and headed downstairs.

she checked herself in the mirror by the stairs one last time, fixing her hair and putting her favorite sunglasses on.

"Beatrice is that you?" Meredith called out from the kitchen.

"coming nan!" she yelled back as she headed down the hallways and towards the kitchen.

she groaned as she went inside and found four sitting on a stool sipping on his cup of coffee and reading a book.

"morning meredith"she said kissing her nan's cheek and sitting down as far away from four as possible.

"good morning honey" meredith murmured back as she grabbed a plate with Beatrice's breakfast and placed it in front of her.

"thank you"

"and for you hun" she said giving four another plate with eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes.

it all looked so delicious and four felt his mouth watering.

"thank you Meredith"

"my pleasure" she gave them both a warm smile and then quickly cleaned her hands, "I'm gonna go and ask if your dad or Kenny want something. they will probably be out for the day"

meredith told beatrice who just nodded and smiled.

she then began eating and looking through her iPad.

"didn't think I would see you up so early in the morning" four murmured as he grabbed the mug and sipped on his dark coffee that had a strong smell.

"why is that?" she asked, not even bothering to look at him.

"considering how much alcohol you consumed last night, I expected you to be hung over" he told her, shrugging his shoulders.

she scoffed and looked at him in disbelief. she didn't even drink that much. maybe had three tequila shots and a beer.

she's not an alcoholic, she just wants to have enough alcohol in her system to feel carefree and have a little fun.

"don't think I didn't see you sipping on those beer bottles" she said with a small smirk as he saw a little panic showing in his facial features.

but he quickly composed himself and just shrug, "it was only one beer but hey, go ahead and run to your daddy. let's see if that solves all your problems. what a brat!" he said standing up and washing his plate off before quickly putting it to dry.

"don't call me that!" she said angrily as she slammed her hand against the hard granite of the expensive counter.

everything in that house cost a fortune. even the freaking toilets. four swore that they made your peeing easier.