15. caught?

chapter fifteen:
Caught.

it was a week later when everything started falling apart and hell began breaking loose. tris and tobias were falling in deeper and deeper with each other, if that was even possible.

tobias would sneak in her room around nine at night sometimes and leave a bouquet of roses laying on the side of her bed with a little note under her pillow.

and she loved waking up to that because it made her feel really special.

and that morning she just happened to wake up to another one of his letters along with a bouquet of freshly cut white roses.

she yawned and stretched her arms out, sighing in relief as her muscles relaxed. she went to grab her phone but stopped when she saw the roses in the little table.

a wide smile spread across her face and her eyes softened.

she looked under her white pillow and found the small envelope laying there. tris quickly grabbed it and carefully teared it apart, taking out the paper that was being held inside.

she immediately saw the neat hand writing and her heart swelled.

good morning sweetheart,
even though I'm not there to kiss you and tell you how pretty you look, I'll write it down so you'll know. you look beautiful baby, like a little angel fallen from heaven. you do everyday.

I wish you could wake up next to me so I could pepper your face with kisses and hug you and tell you how much I love you but don't worry, even though I can't at the moment I will someday.

you just wait. I'll be gone for half of the day but I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much <3 I know I will.

I love you baby, more than anything. love, tobias.

she kissed the letter and hid it in a little box inside her drawer. after doing that, she pulled her long hair up in a messy pony tail and reminded herself that she needed to wash it soon. it was starting to feel a little oily.

the morning went by smoothly. tris ate her well made breakfast while watching some catfish marathon, talked to her dad before he left and got ready to start the day.

she felt happier and happier as the minutes passed, meaning that tobias was gonna be home soon.

she was currently scrolling down her Twitter page and watching some random movie when suddenly her phone began buzzing. she would be lying if she said her eyes didn't lit up when she saw the name that flashed in the screen.

"babe!" was the first thing she said when she picked up. tobias chuckled on the other line, tris's heart starting to beat a little faster.

"hi princess, how are you?"

"good, a little bored. when are you getting home?" she asked, playing with the corners of the thick blanket covering her exposed legs.

"i know my little angel, i'm on my way. do you want to go out for brunch with me? I was thinking maybe we can drive down to that diner I showed you the other day" he asked.

tris remembered that night clearly, her memories feeling so vivid. she remembered she had such a good time hanging out with tobias.

and she couldn't wait to visit the diner again. so of course she agreed.

"I'm in"

"good, I'll see you soon" he said and she could almost picture that smile of his, "hey sunshine"