8. birthdays

this chapter will be a little bit longer than usual.

chapter eight:
birthdays

beatrice had always been a fan of birthdays. she didn't know what it was. the delicious cake, being surrounded by the people you loved or maybe the gifts.

she didn't know, but she was sure that it was mix of the three. she adores being congratulated on her birthday by her loved ones.

that just meant they cared. and she really liked knowing that she could always count on someone.

but her 20th birthday was different. because she had someone else to congratulate her and she was starting to actually like that someone.

the day started perfectly.

beatrice was used to waking up and seeing her birthday breakfast next to her bed, and a little note from meredith along with a gift from her dad.

he usually left for a couple of hours on her birthday to prepare a birthday surprise. it was either a party or a special present.

she didn't mind because she knew he only meant to make her happy.

"wake up" tris heard that familiar voice that she used to to hate, but now she wasn't sure. she had mixed feelings. and she knew damn well who that voice belonged to.

four.

"what?" she grumbled as she buried her face deeper into her pillow that smelled like her hair, strawberries.

"rise and shine birthday princess" he whispered sweetly into her ear as one of his hands stroked her hair.

tris slowly opened her eyes and looked up to find four looking down at her with a small smile.

he was wearing one of his suits, this time it was dark blue with a white button up shirt underneath and a blue tie that matched his blazer.

she noticed that his hair was a little shorter and as usual was up in a small quiff.

"what are you doing?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

"i'm being nice" he said shrugging his shoulders and running his fingers through his hair making it look a bit messier but presentable.

tris grinned and pretended to be surprised, "wow, you? being nice? i never thought I would live to see this. you being nice to me"

four just stuck his tongue out and faked glared, "ha ha very funny, just sit up would you?"

she giggled and did as told, getting up on her bed and sitting crisscross in front of four, patting the sheets that laid in her lap.

"and shut up, i've been nothing but nice to you this past few weeks" he told her rolling his deep blue eyes.

she gave a small smile and nodded her head.

"i know, and for that you'll get something you'll never get again in your life" she said leaning in and pressing her lips to his cheek, leaving a gentle kiss on his skin.

she smiled and sat back down as she saw the little blush arising in his tan face.

"oh a kiss on the cheek, i'm sure those are rare" he said wiggling his brows and then shaking his head.

"coming from me they are, so you should be honored mister" she said huffing and crossing her arms. he laughed and pinched her cheek before grabbing a tray she hadn't seen.