14. secrets.

chapter fourteen:
secrets.

it was wednesday night when tris decided to take a walk around the house around midnight. maybe past it.

they had gotten back from venwerville two days ago and to be honest, it was hard to leave the place. tris grew fond of the two, surprisingly immature boys that were zayn and unai. jack, melissa and mackenzie were just little sweethearts. and madison along with sofia had become two of her best friends.

she knew she could trust them with anything. the three of them had been chatting for three days straight and even had skype dates.

to sum it up, tris really wanted to go back there to visit and she knew tobias felt the same way.

speaking of, their relationship had been going great. ever since their little scene up on the snowy mountain, tris and tobias had grown closer to each other.

it was sad that they couldn't spent christmas together but they got to see each other at night so that was alright.

tobias spent christmas in his house with his mom, aaron and even robin decided to join them. he didn't have anyone else with him on holidays because he never got the chance to have children, so he was thrilled when the eaton family invited him over.

andrew and tris usually went to hawaii, Greece or any other place they hadn't been to. but this year they decided to stay home. it was them two, with nana and natalie.

that same day at night, tobias came over and andrew was confused as to why he did but they covered it up really well saying that he had forgotten a gift for his brother in his room.

after andrew and natalie went to bed, him and tris sat on the porch where no one could see them and exchanged gifts.

she gotten him a personalize photo key chain with their favorite pictures of themselves so he could remember her everywhere he went. and also she had wrote him a little letter of why she loved him, and he kept it on his wallet.

he got her a beautiful silver necklace he had been saving up for that held a small key. he engraved their initials on it and she had fallen in love with him all over again.

the week had been going fairly fine and now here she was, wondering around the house.

she was pretty sure tobias was asleep but that didn't mean she couldn't go and take a peak inside his room. maybe wake him up and annoy him a little.

she turned the corner and went down the hall seeing his door was shut. she tip toed until she reached it and turned the door knob.

tris peaked her head inside and was met by complete darkness. a smile spread across her face at the cute scene in front of her.

tobias was curled up in a ball, a pillow in between his legs and his fists clenched around the thick blanket.

tris blew a kiss to her boyfriend and whispered a quiet I love you.

she didn't want to risk waking up tobias so she left the door ajar and made her way back to the kitchen. when she was about to reach the door she started hearing whimpers and muffled shouts.

she quickly ran back down to tobias's room feeling panic.

she pushed the door open and saw him trashing around in bed, his eyes still closed.

a nightmare.

she closed the door and jumped on his comfortable king sized bed. she began shaking him, trying to wake him up.