17. missing

Dedication: Ellie_Eaton64 because she was the first one that kind of guessed what really happened.

chapter seventeen:
missing.

it had been almost three days already and tobias was still ignoring tris and she had no idea why. had she done something wrong? said something that ticked him off?

she doubted it because the last time they talked tobias seemed okay and he kept telling her how much he loved her and they were just being their normal cute selves.

so what changed?

she was on the verge of booking a flight out to Greece.

and some may think she's crazy and clingy but no one liked being ignored, let's face it. and it was worse when the person didn't know the reason why.

her anger washed away when her question was answered.

it was around midnight, tris was in her office working on some new designs. the tv in the corner of the room was on but on mute because she just wanted some silence so she could concentrate and not mess up.

she had been doing that a lot lately since tobias was clouding her mind.

she was almost finished with the beautiful two piece swimwear she had in mind when andrew burst through the door.

"they can't find him, i'm sorry. i tried, i really did!" he cried as he buried his face in his hands. tris was looking really confused and puzzled by what he was saying.

"dad what's wrong? who can't find who?" she said placing her papers away in a folder.

"four! he's missing, i'm so sorry baby girl" he exclaimed. tris could feel her heart dropping to the pit of her stomach, her blood turning cold and her mind going blank.

she gulped and crossed her arms, "dad, what the heck is going on?" she murmured, looking at her father warily.

she gave him a look, demanding an explanation with her eyes, and he took a deep breath before sitting down.

"as you may already know, four and natalie were planning to visit that island close to Greece on Tuesday. but natalie had something else she had to do but she allowed four to go.

and well, they lost them. the helicopter just vanished in thin air and no one knows what happened. i didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry, I thought I could fix it. I sent people to the island to look for the helicopter but they just can't find it.

they think they're dead. I'm so sorry" he cried once again.

tris stared at her father with her hand covering her mouth and her eyes tearing. he couldn't be dead.

tobias wouldn't leave her or aaron or his mother. he had to be out there somewhere.

she couldn't believe what she was hearing. she had been so mad at him for ignoring her and now she was finding out that he didn't mean for any of it to happen.

he was missing, probably hurt in the middle of an island or the freaking ocean and here tris was, getting angry at him over something so stupid.