5. brothers

aaron is up there or on the side. if you haven't noticed, i absolutely adore this kid (Gavin) he's so adorable.

chapter five:
brothers.

the dinner wasn't as bad as tris thought it would be.

knowing that four was also gonna be with her, andrew reserved another seat for him.

it was weird and confusing for her but she actually felt a little more comfortable with him being around.

and her dad's girlfriend wasn't half as a bad as she imagined her to be. her name was natalie and she was a beautiful thirty eight year old woman.

she was funny, nice and gentle. tris actually had fun talking to her and hearing her share some of her stories.

andrew was glad to see them getting along and four was just relieved that she was in a good mood. he didn't want to get snapped at and really didn't want to argue with her on the way back home.

they had a fun that day and he didn't want it to end up badly. and it must've been his lucky day because it didn't.

when they got home tris mumbled a goodnight and gave him a smile before rushing up to her room.

she looked so pretty in that dress she had changed into so they could have dinner.

he watched as she disappeared down the hallway and sighed, going towards his own room.

he was leaving tomorrow to spend the afternoon with his mom and would probably be back by midnight.

he just needed to check on her and aaron.

when he reached his room, he stripped down his suit and changed into a pair of grey sweatpants. he brushed his teeth and splashed some water on his face before crawling on the bed.

as he laid down he thought back to everything that had happened. and maybe, just maybe, him and tris could actually get along.

with those thoughts in mind, he turned off the lamp next to his bed and covered himself up with the blankets before drifting off to sleep.

***
"tobias! how's my little boy" tobias's mom said as she opened the door and saw her son walking towards them.

and yeah, maybe he was already a grown man. but he was always gonna be her little boy, no matter what.

"hey mom" he said with a big smile on his face as he hugged his mom tightly, pressing a kiss to her head.

"look at you tobias, you are so skinny. have you been eating?" she began rambling as she led him inside and towards the small kitchen.

tobias sighed rolling his eyes. moms always exaggerate.

"mom calm down, you saw me last week and i haven't changed at all" he said as he watched her.

"coffee or tea honey?"

"tea's alright ma"

"so tell me how work is honey? is she nice?" she asked and sat down in front of him with a small smile.

she knew that someone had hired her son to protect their daughter. he had always been that way. he enjoyed protecting people.

and she really admired that.

"uh she umm, she can be difficult" he chuckled and quietly thanked his mom when he was handed a mug.

"you hate her?" she asked.