Zerkstar Fluff

Because I can.

*Vikk's POV*

"Josh what have you done?!" I exclaimed, laughter racking through my body as I looked at the mess of a kitchen. "I tried to make pancakes and it just all went to hell" he said and let out one of his rare laughs. I loved his laugh.

We both continued to laugh as I really looked at the kitchen. There was flour scattered all around the stove, sink, and the counter in between. Egg shells had been discarded into the sink and an open bottle that was leaking chocolate sauce was beginning to pour to the floor.

Shaking my head, I got an empty garbage bag from under the sink. "You do know that egg shells go into the garbage, not the sink... Right?" I laughed as Josh blushed.

I began to help Josh clean the kitchen. With both of us it didn't take too long. "Sorry" he apologized for the fourth time. "Josh, honestly it's okay" I said and chuckled. I tied up the garbage bag and set it next to the garage door.

I turned around and Josh was holding a plate of two pancakes, chocolate streaks going through them. "I tried" he laughed, handing me the plate.

He made these for me? I felt my heart flutter. "Thank you" I smiled genuinely, walking over to the kitchen table to eat them.

Josh sat next to me, producing his own plate with two pancakes on it. I blushed as I caught him staring at me. I shouldn't be thinking like this. It's just a friend thing. Josh isn't even gay! He can't like me.

"You know... They aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would turn up" He said, taking another bite. "You made a huge mess but they're surprisingly good. I'll give you a B minus" I joked, earning a smile.

We finished our pancakes and Josh cleaned them up. "Thank you" I smiled at him. "Anytime" he said with a wink. He must have saw my surprised expression because Josh immediately started tripping over his own words. "Wait sorry I did that out of habit sorry"

"Out of habit you say?" I chuckled dryly. For a second there I thought he liked me as more then just friends. "No that's not what I meant- I just... I'm sorry" he looked adorable, flustered over his own words.

"No need to apologize" I said and began to walk away. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid' I told myself. It was stupid of me to think we were anything other then friends.

I went up to my room and threw myself on to my bed. I laid there for a while, face down, just inhaling the scent of my sheets. Stupid.

"How long are you planning on smelling the sheets?" Josh's amused voice came from the door. You have to be kidding me. "You know Josh, there is this thing like no other- it's called knocking! You should give it a try- it's great" I said sourly.

"The door was open..." He told me. "Oh" I said quietly. Stupid. I'm such an idiot. I sat at the edge of my bed, staring up at Josh awkwardly.

He walked over, closing the door behind him, and sat next to me on the bed. Josh stared down at his intertwining hands as he got comfortable. "I wanted to say thank you for helping me clean up"

"No problem, Josh" I gave him an awkward smile. "Is that all?" I asked, wanting to end this super awkward encounter as soon as possible. "Erm... No" he said, looking at me uncertainly.

I gave him a second to continue speaking but he didn't continue. "Well what is it?" I said with a small laugh. "I like you" He told me. "I like you too buddy" I said laughing. Why was he so worried about telling me he liked me? We've been friends for years. I sure hope he likes me.

"No... I like you" he repeated.

"...Oh" I said after a moment of shock. "You mean...?" I asked. I had to be sure. "Yes" Josh said, sounding more sure of himself.

I looked at him uncertainly. "But you're not gay" I said. I had to be sure this is what he meant before I said something stupid.

Josh looked at me with a 'seriously?' Face. I shrugged, "What I gotta make sure" I let out a small laugh. For the first time in a while I felt genuinely happy.

Then Josh took the liberty of putting me on top of the world. He shook his head, let out a small laugh, then leaned in and kissed me.