Chapter Seven - Why Are You Smiling?

Chapter Seven - "Why Are You Smiling?"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

The next morning, I feel like a blank slate.

For some reason it feels like I had some life-changing experience last night, and now this morning, I'm reborn. I can't remember a thing, but all I know is that I am comfortable, wherever I am.

It's bright and my eyelids are burning, so I slowly pry them open. The next thing I see makes me very, very confused.

Alex and Alyssa are sound asleep, in his bed, with Alex snoring lightly. Then I realize I'm laying on the floor in Alex's room. I'm bundled up in about thirty-five blankets with three pillows, and somehow managed to put on sweatpants and a hoodie last night.

"What?" I whispered to myself, slowly and quietly sitting up. How the hell did I get here? And what the hell happened last night?

I looked around his room in confusion, with my forehead wrinkled and my mind searching for some kind of answer. But to what question, I'm not sure. So I scrambled to find my phone, which was buried under numerous blankets and when I find it, I see it's on 13% battery.

"Shit," I cursed to myself, shutting my eyes in annoyance for a moment.

I texted my dad to let him know I'm okay (well, sort of), then checked social media real quick to see if I embarrassed myself last night. Which I probably did because I'm pretty good at that.

I saw a picture of Alyssa and I on Instagram, holding each other in a tight hug with some cheesy song lyrics as the caption. Typical.

Isaac put up a picture of him and the guys, tagging Alyssa and I in the background since we took the picture. And that's when it hit me. When I saw Oliver's stupid, smiling face in the picture I remembered exactly what I did last night.

"Oh... my God," I muttered, looking up from my phone and staring at the wall.

I pulled away from his lips seconds later, smiling and looking away. "Whoops," I said to myself, giggling a bit.

Oliver's eyes are wide with fear. Or maybe shock. Or it could be confusion. I'm too drunk to figure it out.

He didn't really do anything in reaction. His eyebrows contorted a bit, he licked his lips, and then doesn't make eye contact with me after that. I'm not really sure what he's thinking, but at the moment I don't really care. Like I said, I'm too drunk at this point.

"Come to the bathroom with me," Alyssa demanded, grabbing onto my arm. I turned to look at her smiling face and I grinned back.

"Okay," I chirped, following her along to the bathroom like I didn't just kiss my crush or anything. No big deal.

"Why me?" I groaned a little loudly. I rested my head in my hands, hearing someone wake up from Alex's bed, but not bothering to look up.

"Oh hey," Alyssa's voice was the next thing I heard. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" I chuckled, looking over at her. She stared back with her eyebrows raised and an innocent look in her eyes. "I kissed Oliver last night, that's what's wrong!"

"Oh my God! I forgot!" She grinned, sitting upright and disturbing Alex which caused him to wake up.

"Um, this is not good. Why are you smiling?" I shook my head.

"Hey, you promised you'd make a move and you did! I'm proud of you," she smiled, looking like she was about to start clapping. I rolled my eyes, forgetting about my false promise I made to her a few weeks ago. I never thought I'd actually go through with it though."How was it?"