Chapter Twenty-Seven - Can I Borrow Your Girlfriend?

Chapter Twenty-Seven - "Can I Borrow Your Girlfriend?"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

As two and a half more weeks passed, I had become more accustomed to being at Oliver's house. He felt more comfortable with inviting me over after the first dinner we had with his mother and his siblings, which was a success, if I do say so myself. His mom loves me and I thought it was amazing how she remembered me even though I haven't seen her in years.

Not to mention that every time I go over his house, his dad is almost more excited to see me than Oliver, which is pretty flattering. I don't think he could be more excited to see anyone other than Oliver though.

So now it's Friday, and there's something that's been on my mind since I met his family. Since I had the pleasure of getting to know all of them. Since Oliver opened up the doors to his life and let me in; which I honestly never expected to happen so quickly.

We've only been dating for about three months now, but I guess since we've known each other for a long time, it's not like we started from scratch. Anyway, within this short period of time, I've realized something.

I am totally, completely in love with this boy.

That doesn't mean because I realized it I said something. I sort of just stuffed the thought to the back and kept occupying myself with other things. Like how bad I want to go all the way with Oliver.

Too fast?

That's what girl best friends are for.

"Hey, can I borrow your girlfriend for a little bit?" I asked Alex once we were in his car. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me, narrowing his eyes a bit. "Just for a few minutes."

"Hm, fine," he agreed, but still seemed a little unsure. I smiled gratefully as he unbuckled himself and got out of his car, waiting away from it.

It's after school and we're just about to leave, but I have to talk to Alyssa before I go hang out with Oliver. This is basically my only chance to do so.

"What's up?" Alyssa turned around in her seat from shotgun to face me in the back. Her blue eyes are alive with curiosity, making me wish mine could look like that. But no, they're just brown.

I took a deep breath and picked at my cuticles, suddenly interested in the state of my nails. Here comes a very awkward talk.

"Okay well," I started off with a sigh. "I've been thinking about something for a little while now and I wanted to talk to you about it. To get like, a girl's opinion, or something. So... uh-"

"You wanna have sex with Oliver?" She said comfortably.

I almost choked on my spit as I nodded my head, and felt my cheeks heat up at her words. At least I didn't have to say it.

"I know," she admitted, smiling at me.

"How?" I asked.

"I'm a girl too, Stevie. And at one point, I had the same thoughts as you, months ago with Alex," she giggled a little.

"Oh. Well, is it too soon? Do you think it's the right time? Or-"

"Why are you asking me? These are things you should be asking yourself," she cut me off again. "You're gonna be the one doing it. If you feel comfortable and you think it's the right time, I say go for it. Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

"I know that with Alex, I was terrified, but excited too. It was my first time with anybody so of course I was really, really nervous. But I was excited because I knew that I loved him and that I was ready," she smiled nostalgically, which made me smile too. It was contagious.