Chapter Eight - It Was Kind Of A Disaster

Chapter Eight - "It Was Kind Of A Disaster"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

"Steve. Hey, you gotta get up," my dad's voice interfered with the dream I was having. I groaned as a response.

It's way too early and I already put my alarm on snooze, so I know I have to get up. I just really, really don't want to.

"Why?" I complained, prying my tired eyes open and rubbing them to make my vision clear. He's kneeling down next to my bed, his hand on my mattress and an amused smirk on his face.

"You told me if you weren't up by six-thirty to come wake you. I'm just doing my job," he chuckled.

"Whose idea was it to leave this early?" I grumbled and finally sat up.

"Just get dressed and you can sleep in the car ride," he patted my shoulder with a smile. I nodded back, smiling sleepily and he left my room.

It's the morning of the 27th and we're leaving for our vacation today. Even though I planned a lot of this, Alex insisted that we leave super early in the morning to beat any traffic. Also, this way we can get to the house and relax all day once we're packed in.

With a big, tired sigh, I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I threw on a sweatshirt with a pair of leggings, and furry moccasins. It's way too early and too cold to dress in anything but warm, comfy clothes.

I took down my bun and ruffled my waves around, didn't bother with makeup, and made sure I had everything before leaving my room. I pulled on my jacket and grabbed my suitcase and backpack, then slung my satchel around my body.

"Dad! Make sure I don't come tumbling down the stairs!" I yelled from the top step. I heard him chuckling and then saw him appear at the bottom of the staircase. One step at a time, I carefully made it down without hurting myself and dropped my bags by the door.

I texted Alex to let him know I'm ready, and he said I can go over anytime. We're trying to leave around 7, but it depends on if his dopey friends are awake or not.

"Alright, be careful please. Don't have too much fun, watch out for Alex when he's driving and make sure you lock the doors at night," my dad started to lecture me as he crushed me into a hug.

"I know, Dad. I'm a responsible person," I smirked.

"Yeah, but I still like to lecture you," he joked, picking up a bag of mine.

The two of us walked across the street and we piled my bags into the trunk, then Alex and Alyssa came outside and we were ready to go. My dad shook Alex's hand, gave me one last hug, then we were finally off.

"Okay. We just have to go by Wilson's so he can follow us, then we'll be on the road," Alex grinned to Alyssa and I.

"Sweet," I grinned too.

I coiled up in the backseat with the rest of the luggage that didn't fit in the trunk, and the ride to Wilson's seemed to be only a minute long. He's driving Isaac, Roger and Oliver and thankfully he has a big truck, or else I don't know how he'd fit everyone in his car.

We pulled up in front of his house and waited for a few minutes while Wilson got ready to go. I saw Oliver's head through the window in the backseat of Wilson's truck, and I sunk deeper into my seat until I could just about see out the window.

Oh, fuck me.

I haven't seen him since the party, where I stupidly kissed him, which was five days ago. And I haven't heard from him either, other than our giant group chat all of us always use. Which technically doesn't even count.