Chapter Nine - I Don't Want To Ruin This Vacation

Chapter Nine - "I Don't Want To Ruin This Vacation"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

I woke up in my empty bed and reached across the mattress for some odd reason. Like I was craving a touch; someone to hold on to.

But nothing was there.

My eyes slowly open and I'm greeted by the cold side of the bed that I hadn't slept on. The sun is seeping in through the blinds, so I'm guessing it's at least 8 o'clock or something close to it.

I sighed, rolling onto my back as I stared up at the ceiling. My phone buzzed beside me with a text from my dad, so I quickly replied and went back to endlessly staring at nothing.

It's the next morning and last night we stayed up late, drinking and talking nonsense. Wilson's brother got him a bunch of beer and three cheap bottles of vodka for this trip so we could drink and celebrate Alex's birthday. That's kinda the whole point of this vacation, after all.

So even though we were up pretty late, filled with alcohol and junk food that Alex, Alyssa and Wilson bought while food shopping, I still woke up early. I can never sleep in – I'm just not that kind of person.

The latest I've ever slept in is probably 10 o'clock. Crazy, I know.

Anyways, after my weird encounter with Oliver in my room, I had no idea how to act around him. The kiss is one thing, but does this mean that he likes me? Or something like that?

Maybe he thinks of me as more than just a friend. Or maybe he's just being flirty and cute like always.

I should probably stop over-thinking it.

I groaned to myself, sitting up in the plush mattress and listening to the sound of nothing. It was pretty nice for a few minutes, until I started to focus on the sound of Wilson snoring next door. I giggled, shaking my head and then tiptoeing out of my bed. I'm dying of thirst and need something to drink, so I pulled on a pair of slippers and left my room.

Come and knock on our door...

We've been waiting for you...

Where the kisses are hers and hers and his, Three's Company too.

When I got to the top of the staircase, I saw the living room and raised an eyebrow. And I couldn't help but smile a little.

Oliver is sitting by himself on the couch, with the TV on a low volume, watching Three's Company. I didn't think anybody else would be awake since it's only 8:30 in the morning, but I guess I thought wrong.

I quietly walked down the stairs and he didn't notice me, so I went to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water. Then I went back to the living room and he turned around to see me now, not really startled by my presence.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hi," I chuckled lightly. "What are you doing?"

"Watching Three's Company," he nodded to the TV, pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah, why?" I smirked.

"'Cause it's my favorite show," he said innocently. I smiled again, then went around and took a seat on one of the other couches. I curled my legs up and nuzzled myself into the cushions, watching his favorite show with him.

And even though we were on separate couches, practically across the room from each other, it still felt like we were sitting side by side. How he opened up and let me into his little world, watching his favorite, corny TV show, made my heart swell with an emotion I couldn't wrap into one word.