Chapter Thirty-One - You Should Have Clarified That

Chapter Thirty-One - "You Should Have Clarified That"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

"You!"

Fuck my life.

I can't go one week without something dramatic popping up. I just can't.

I stood still with my eyes popping out of my head, my feet glued to the floor and my mouth sewn shut. Laura stormed across the room with a frustrated scream, shoving people aside to get to me. I flinched when she came right up to me, her face only a few inches from mine.

For once, I'm actually a little intimidated by Laura. She's towering over me with her modelesque height, her eyes crazily lit with wrath. The one thing I'm honestly scared of is her drunkenness taking over and causing her to smash a vase over my head or something.

But other than that, I'm just sort of stunned at what the hell is even going on.

"What are you doing here?" She spat in my face, pointing her finger at me.

"Like Travis said, you invited everyone," I shrugged simply while taking a nonchalant sip from my beer. "So I think that includes me too."

Even in a situation like this, I can still pull a sarcastic comment out of nowhere.

"It means everyone but you," she snarled.

"You should have clarified that," I frowned at her.

Her eyes narrowed menacingly at me and I felt a chill take over my body, but I shook it away. There's no way I'm letting this girl scare me.

"Do you want to cause trouble? Is that why you're here? To start a fight or something?" She slurred her words together a little, which tells me she's had a bit too much to drink.

"Oh yeah, Laura. That's my goal in life – to fight you," I snorted, shaking my head. What an idiot.

"Is that why you're here? For her?" She swung her arm around and pointed at Travis across the room. "For the girl that ruined our relationship?"

I had to stop myself from laughing out loud, so I cupped my hand over my mouth and shook my head. This is ridiculous.

I looked up in time to see Travis raise his eyebrows in shock and scoff at Laura's accusation. "Laura, chill out. I'm not here for her and-"

"I want you both gone," she cut him off.

"Fine by me, this party started sucking a few minutes ago anyway," I said, more to myself than to anybody else. But of course, the wicked witch still heard me.

She whipped her head to look at me and the fire in her eyes only beamed brighter. "Leave. Now," she growled the words, taking two steps closer which made me step back.

"Alright," I shrugged, downing the rest of my drink quickly and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. "No problem-o, girlfriend."

"Go!"

And before I could react, her hands shoved me backwards and I fell into someone that was standing behind me.

Luckily, they caught me and I stood back up a few seconds later. But it took me by surprise, as well as everyone else too, because now they're all staring with wide eyes and their mouths hanging open.

Great. Now I've caused a scene.

"I said alright," I mumbled, smoothing down my dress.