Imagine 33

Your eyes were skimming the crowd to find that one face. To find the face that promised he would be here, that promised he wouldn't let you down. You skimmed through the crowd at least a dozen times but he was no where to be found. Giving up you look down at the folded pierce of paper that contained your valedictorian speech.

You blocked out the principal as she talked to the 2015 class and all of their families about the future. All that was on your mind was "Where the hell is he?"

Your palms were getting clammy and your heart was racing. It was almost time for you to get up and present your speech in front of the entire school and all the family members of your classmates. You searched the crowd one last time and still he wasn't there. You found your mom and made eye contact. Your eyes begging for an explanation. She sighed and shook her head while she held up her phone.

"Now we will have our 2015 valedictorian come up and present her speech". She says turning around and looking at me.

I stood up slowly from my chair and made my way to the podium. My hands shaking as I opened the crinkled up piece of paper that I've been reading over and over to make sure I left nothing out. A small tear fell from my left eye but I quickly wiped it away. I took a deep breathe and began.

"Good evening class of 2015 and family members. The past four years are years that none of us will ever forget. We've had our great times, but we've also had our tough times".

I look up from my paper and look around for a few seconds before continuing.

"Thank you to the teachers that pushed us till we almost broke. Thank you for continuing to encourage us to always give one-hundred percent. Thank you to our parents who believed we could do anything if we set our minds to it. I'd like to thank mine personally for always sticking by my side in the decisions I've made, whether it be about school or a future job".

Looking up one last time before I finished up my speech is when I saw him. He was sitting next to my mom with his black hoodie and sunglasses on. He smiled widely at me and blew me a kiss. I felt my cheeks flush and smiled as I looked back down at my paper.

"Also, thank you to all the friends we've had and met through the years. The friendships I've made I will always cherish. This is not the end class of 2015. This is only the beginning to far more greater things. Thank you!"

Everyone clapped and cheered, as I sat back down in my seat. The principal announced it was time for the graduates to walk ad receive their diplomas.

.
.
.

It was almost my turn to walk up on that stage. Four years of working my ass off, I've finally made it.

"F/M/L"

I walked and shook hands with the principal, then with the administrator and he put the diploma in my hand.

I saw my family cheering for me and my mom had tears in her eyes. I smiled and waved at them. Then I saw him, he was standing and cheering out to me, screaming "You go babe!"

I quickly blew him a kiss and sat back down waiting for everyone else to walk. Once everyone walked the principal came to the stage one last time.

"Congratulations class of 2015! You may now turn your tassels!"

I turned my tassel and let out a huge sigh. All my friends and I huddled in a group together, cheering and crying. I even hugged people I never really talked to in school.

I walked around to try and find my family but I couldn't see since there were so many people.

Someone spun me around and connected their lips with mine. Knowing exactly who it was I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as he lifted me off the ground.

"I'm so proud of you beautiful!" Justin says kissing my forehead.

"Thank you , I can't believe high school is over". I say with a smile.

"There you are sweetie! Oh my goodness I'm so proud of you! My baby girl is officially a high school graduate and an adult!" My mom says crying.

I wrap my arms around her. She kisses my cheek and wipes her eyes.

We take a few pictures and decided to go home to do the rest. Justin couldn't risk taking off his sunglasses or hoodie to take pictures.

When we got home we took more.

"Alright sweetie you can take off the cap and gown now, we're done with pictures".

You take off your cap setting it on the table then slip the gown over your head. You had on a short black dress that fit your body perfectly. You messed with your hair to get it back to normal after it being covered with a cap.

When you look up Justin's eyes were right on you. Not once did he look away, he just continued to look at you.

"What?" You ask

"Nothing baby, you look really beautiful. Can't believe that gown was hiding this from me". He says wrapping his arms tightly around your waist.

You put your arms around his neck and kiss him sweetly.

"Sit outside with me?" He asks

You nod your head and follow him outside. You sit out on the steps and he wraps his arm around you bringing you closer to him.

"I can't wait much longer, but I have your graduation present on me". He says reaching into his back pocket.

He pulls out a white envelope and hands it to you. You look at it with curiosity and open it. Inside were two tickets to (wherever you want to go) . Your eyes got wide and you screamed.

"Are you serious!?"

He laughs lightly and nods his head.

"Yes babe, we leave next weekend. I've already talked to your parents and they are cool with you going. As long as I keep you safe and don't get you pregnant." He says winking at the last part.

You playfully hit him and embrace him.

"Thank you so so much baby! This is amazing!"

"Anything for my baby girl. But I am really proud of you. You've worked so hard and you deserve it. I love you ." He says.

You smile up at him. "I love you too"

You grab the back of his neck and pull him down to your lips, kissing him with sweet passion.