Chapter One

DISCLAIMER: i wrote this book when i was 12-13 years old and it's the cringiest guys, i swear. I only keep this here bc it shows how much i improved but other than that, i'd unpublish this book wkdnwksks. Besides, it gives me good memories from when i was in middle school lmaooo read my other book instead. It's called Playing the Playboys. Anyways, read at your own risk.

*~*~*~*~*

It was a beautiful day to go to the beach. The sun was bright and hot, and there was a slight breeze that made my long, brown hair flow. I breathed in the fresh air as I closed my eyes. I missed the beach; I haven't been here for so long.

"It's them!" my younger sister, Hazel, exclaimed, her brown eyes like mine bright with excitement. I followed her gaze to see Layla's family standing by the shore as they waved their hands at us.

"Well, what are you kids waiting for?" Mom urged, waving us to their direction with a smile. "Go on, I can get your things in the villa myself."

The villa was already built long before I was even born. Dad's grandparents owned it, and it was passed down to him. We often went to the beach, so it was always used.

Hazel and my little brother, Matt, held no hesitation into running towards the family. I, on the other hand, stayed behind.

"Let me help you," I offered.

Mom looked at me for a moment with her stern, green eyes before smiling. "It's okay, Vanessa. I can handle this. Besides, Charles is waiting for you."

She winked at me playfully, her eyes trailing up to the tall, blonde haired boy beside Layla. I rolled my eyes at her.

Layla, the so called boy's mother, and Mom would always tease us together because we were so close, but I honestly didn't feel that way. He was like a brother to me and I was pretty sure that I was like a sister to him. Plus, Hazel likes him, so I liking him would be so wrong.

Seeing her eyes spark with more mischief made me narrow my eyes at her. She opened her mouth to tease me more, but I turned around and walked towards the family. I heard her laugh as I walked, making me shake my head at her childishness.

"Vanessa!" Aria squealed, jumping on me before wrapping her tiny arms around me. I stumbled back slightly, but I managed to stay up.

"Aria!" I squealed back, adjusting to her weight. When I was sure that she wouldn't fall off me, I hugged her back tightly.

"I missed you!" She exclaimed, pulling away. Her bright blue eyes were shining with happiness and excitement. She was grinning from ear to ear, her cute dimples showing on her rosy cheeks. She was wearing a pink Hello Kitty bathing suit, and it looked cute on her.

"I missed you too." I said, poking her nose before putting her back on the sand.

I really did miss her. We hadn't seen each other for a whole year because they had to move to another state for their dad's business. It was weird to be so far from them since I've known them my whole life and then suddenly, I wasn't with them for a year. That was a long time to be away from them. They were literally family.

We caught up for a few minutes until Matt called her.

"We'll catch up later," I promised, winking at her. She blushed but nodded eagerly before running towards Matt.

"Ah, young love." Charles sighed happily, popping out of nowhere. We watched the two kids run together, hand in hand, towards the salty water.

"Charles!" I exclaimed, jumping on him as I wrapped my arms around him. I felt him stumble a little and chuckle, wrapping his arms around me too.