Chapter Thirty One

I covered my face with my hands as the two weirdos in front of me pound the table mercilessly and abnormally. They kept squealing, making them sound like dying walruses. I looked around the cafeteria to see everyone giving us deranged looks. I was used to it, but it was still kinda embarrassing.

Christine and Miley forced me to sit with them this lunch because of the fiasco in the morning a while ago. Mason and I entered the school together, hand in hand. Everyone stared at us, even my friends.

"Wanna give them a show?" Mason whispered to me.

I grinned. "Sure."

He smirked back and kissed me in the midst of everyone staring at us.

I avoided them since I knew they would bombard me with questions. Sadly, they caught me on my way to the cafeteria and started bombing me questions.

I finally told them what happened and here we are, looking like total idiots.

Hazel was the first one I told this about. I went to mom's house when she wasn't home and immediately pulled her to my room. She cursed at me for pulling her by her collar all the way to my room but her anger vanished when I told her about Mason.

She was silent for a while, her eyes wide. For a moment, I thought she was going to pass out but then she jumped on me, wrapping her arms around me as she squealed. I suffocated under her strong embrace by the way.

I have a weird sister.

"It's like reading fan fiction, only better." Miley sighed happily, leaning her head on her hands which were propped up.

"I know, right? VanSon is finally happening!" Christine squealed.

I smiled at the both them. Zoo animals filled my stomach when he told me he liked me. No, he loved me. I didn't know it was possible for someone else other than family and friends to love me. I legitimately felt like my heart was going to explode.

I wasn't surprised when Mason told me that Reagan and Juliana were cousins. Both of them were female dogs who did nothing but try to ruin my life. Good thing they didn't succeed in doing so.

"So he's finally your boyfriend," Christine emphasized, a big grin on her face.

My boyfriend. I'll never get tired of hearing and saying that.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you." Miley said genuinely.

I was about to thank them when their expressions darkened. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head around to see what they were glaring at. I suddenly understood why their mood was dampened.

"Vanessa?" Reagan said in a small voice. She glanced at Christine and Miley before shifting her attention back to me. She looked terrible too. Her hair wasn't as shiny as usual and it was in a messy bun, she was paler, and she looked very haggard. "Can I talk to you privately? Please?"

"Hell no. You might murder her or something." Christine growled before I could even say anything. Reagan closed her eyes and breathed.

"If you have something to say, you could say it in front of all of us." Miley spat, crossing her arms.

Reagan gave me a pleading look and she looked like she was about to break down. I know I wasn't supposed to be nice to her and all, but she looked like she really just wanted to talk to me and not hurt me.

I sighed. I better have some gummy bears letter for being so nice. "Okay, fine."

Miley and Christine stared at me like I just announced I was a wizard. I gave them a reassuring smile before following Reagan to a quieter place. We ended up being in Mr. Torell's classroom.