Chapter Nine

I stared at the dark haired boy in front of me with wide eyes as he stared right back at me.

The first thing I noticed was that he looked like a stereotypical emo. He was literally wearing all black. He was wearing a black shirt and black jeans paired with his black and white vans.

I think I know what his favorite color was now.

I wasn't used to seeing him in clothes like that. I mostly saw him wearing shorts and plain tees, not looking like he was a vampire or something. I could actually his skin when we were at the beach, but now all I saw were his hands and face.

He was about to say something when the late bell rang. He gave me one last look before sprinting away.

Mason Daniels actually studied here. I recalled Christine gossiping about a rude, brown haired boy these past few days when I was absent, and I was pretty sure it was him who she was talking about.

I was too stunned to move. He was actually here. I get to hang with him more. The thought of that made me feel giddy.

The odds were in my favor today.

I finally moved and walked to my class, clutching my books to my chest.

"Ms. Adams, you're late." Mr. Gavino, my Math teacher, said strictly as I entered the classroom. I scanned the whole classroom and spotted a certain dark haired boy, who seemed to be avoiding my gaze.

"I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again, I promise." I swore convincingly, showing him my 'I'm so responsible' look.

I was actually a good student with good grades, so he just sighed and told me find a seat.

Luckily, there was a free seat beside Mason. I walked over there while people threw me weird looks. I ignored their stares and sat beside him as Mr. Gavino started discussing about something I didn't really give a crap about.

"You shouldn't have done that," Mason muttered beside me. I shot him a confused look.

"Shouldn't have done what?" I whispered. I looked around to see people were still giving me weird looks.

"Do I have something on my face? People keep giving me weird looks." I asked Mason, tilting my head to the side.

"It's me," he whispered back. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hello?" I replied jokingly. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I mean that it's my fault why people are looking at you weirdly," he said, shooting glares at people that were looking at us.

"Why?" I asked. Why was it his fault that people were looking at us weirdly? People were probably just wondering why I've got so much make up on. Or maybe it was my hair?

"Ms. Adams, Mr. Daniels, would you kids mind to share your conversation?" Mr. Gavino asked, staring at the both of us. Mason just stared back at him while I lowered my head in shame.

Mr. Gavino gave us a strict look before continuing his lecture. People began giving us weird looks again, but this time they were whispering.

Mason shot me a look, telling me that he'll explain later. I nodded and listened to what Mr. Gavino was saying.

At the end of Math class though, he ignored my call and walked away from me.

I was about to catch up with him when someone held me back; it was Christine. She linked her arm with me and smiled brightly.

I grimaced as she linked my arm with hers. She was kind of squeezing my bruises, but I still gave her a bright smile back.

"I heard you were talking to the resident's loner," she said, looking around to check if Mason was somewhere near. She stared at me as we walked when she realized he was nowhere to be seen.