Chapter Eleven

It has been a week since Levi and I broke up.

I was actually coping with it well. Sure, I ate ice cream with my hair in a messy bun in my pyjamas while watching sappy, cliché movies in Christine's house the next day, but that was only once.

Levi was actually kicked out of our lunch table even though I don't sit there anymore. For some reason, the whole table thought I was an innocent, happy little girl that they needed to take care of. When they learned about it, the jocks kicked him out and the girls spread about his asshole moves. In a span of a day, Levi was the most hated guy in school.

Mason, on the other hand, seemed out of it. Two days after my break up, he seemed moodier than ever. He also started wearing long sleeves or a jacket when he was wearing a shirt. He barely even says a word when I sit with him in lunch.

Andrew has been in a good mood though. He didn't hurt me as much as before, and I was happy with that. I was bracing myself though, because I know when his good mood was over, all his anger would come out and he would lay it all on me.

One good thing that happened was that Charles was back. I missed my best friend, and it seemed like everyone else missed him too.

When he first came to school, everyone was saying how much they missed Charles. Girls were swooning over him and boys were patting his back, laughing with him.

Charles was extremely popular in school. He was the team captain of the football team and the king of parties. Everybody was sad when he left, so they rejoiced when they saw him. Everyone loved him, even the football coach. I wasn't surprised when he immediately became the team captain when he tried out again.

I expected Mason to be happy that his cousin was here, but he had no reaction. He even seemed a little disappointed.

I told Charles about Levi. Big mistake on my part though. I literally had to call Christine and James to help me hold him back.

He said he would make Levi's life hell at practice. I told him not to, but he had a stubborn head.

The next day after Charles said that, I heard that Levi was absent because his whole body was aching.

I wonder who the cause of that was.

"Hey, Ness," Levi suddenly greeted. I slammed my locker shut, giving him a smile, but it probably looked more like a grimace.

He kept following me around, begging for my forgiveness. I already forgave him (much to Charles, Christine, James and Mason's dismay), but he wanted to make it up to me and it was getting kind of annoying.

"I'll carry your books for you!" He offered, putting his arms out. I shook my head at him.

"No, it's fine. I can carry these myself." I told him. I glanced around the room to see if someone could save me from Levi. Sadly, none of my closest friends were here.

"No, no. It's going to be a un-gentlemanlike thing to do if I don't carry those for you." He disagreed, still putting his arms out.

"Really though, you don't need to," I insisted, holding my books closer to my chest. Now, he looked annoyed.

Well, good. I thought. At least if he's annoyed, he won't bother me.

"Just give it—"

"Look man, she said she doesn't need your help. She doesn't want you around her, so maybe you should take the hint and leave." Mason butted in, shooting Levi a glare. He was about to shoot a retort back, but Mason's glare was so murderous that he just nodded and scampered away.