Chapter Twenty Five

My jaw dropped when I opened the door.

I just came home from work at Starbucks, and I was very tired. A customer shouted at me today for not giving him enough whip cream on his drink, so I wasn't exactly in my usual happy mood.

My eyes were not prepared to see the horror in front of me. My hands flew to my face to cover my eyes. I was so not ready for the sight in front of me.

In front of me were my music teacher, Ms. Marquez, and my step-father, Andrew, half naked on the couch as they made out.

They didn't even notice that I was already home, which was a good thing, I guess. No awkward greetings and such.

I felt like throwing up.

It was quite disturbing to see your teacher and your step-father getting it on the couch.

I tip-toed on the way to my room since I was sure they didn't want to be disturbed. I averted my glance from them as I walked to my room.

I can never look at Ms. Marquez the same way ever again.

Maybe that was why Andrew has been nice to me these past few days. He was too busy mingling with Ms. Marquez. Maybe he was even in love with her! I mean, how could you explain him being nice to me? She probably changed him and made him a better person.

Ah, the things love do to people.

I then remembered what I just saw and groaned. That image was going to be embedded in my mind for a long time and I was not happy with that.

*~*~*~*~*

"Explain this." Christine grumbled, shoving her phone to my face.

"Well, I can't exactly see what you're showing me since I can practically kiss your phone." I informed her, moving my face away from her phone. She rolled her eyes at me and plopped her phone to my hand.

I studied the picture to see that it was a photo of James and I hugging from yesterday. I was hugging him goodbye, showing him my gratitude for lightening up my mood yesterday. I hugged Rolando too, so it wasn't like I was stealing James away from Christine.

The picture did look bad though so I explained to her what really happened and she sighed in relief.

"Who sent that to you?" I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows.

Whoever sent that to me must probably hated me so much and wanted me to be friendless. I mean, why else would you send a picture of that? This person obviously wanted to ruin me.

"It's unknown." Christine said. "I'm sorry for assuming that you're going to steal my boyfriend but the unknown number said that you guys were on a date yesterday and I was worried but then—"

"Christine, breathe." I ordered softly, placing my hands on both of her shoulders. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

Sometimes, she had the tendency to talk too much and forget to breathe. I don't even know how she does that, but oh well.

"Thanks, I needed that." She smiled.

I sent her a thumbs up when she frowned. "But why would someone send this to me? Why would somebody attempt to break our friendship?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, Christine. I don't know."

I jumped in surprise when I heard a loud squeal. Christine and I whipped our heads around to see Miley dashing towards us, a phone in her hand. Rolando was right behind her as Miley laughed.