Chapter Twenty Nine

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

I groaned and rolled over, well, attempted to at least. When I realized I couldn't move, I turned my head to see Mason hugging me tightly like I was a teddy bear. I stared at his calm and peaceful face for a while before sneaking away from his grip. He murmured something but let me go. I put Gummy beside him and he immediately hugged him, looking like a cute little kid. I gushed at him before checking my phone.

It was Charles, probably checking on me. I decided to call him later and set my phone aside. I checked the time and realized that it was the time to wake up.

"Mason, you lazy ass, wake up!" I hissed as I shook him not so gently. He groaned but didn't get up.

"Masoooon," I whined, shaking him harder.

Without opening his eyes, he pulled me towards him after throwing Gummy away. I frowned at my teddy bear as he wrapped his arms around me. Gummy was long forgotten when I felt the animals and insects in my stomach again.

Our faces were so close together, I could hear him breathe. I wanted to kiss him, but I reminded myself that we were not together and we had morning breaths.

I was actually getting confused. We kissed four times, but we weren't together yet. Maybe he just did that to confuse me or something, but Christine and Miley kept telling me that he does like me and that he was just waiting for the right time.

I just hope that the 'right time' will be soon.

After staring at his face for a while, I did something that would wake him up.

I gave him a wet willy.

"What the hell?" he shrieked, immediately sitting up. I burst out laughing as he shot me a death glare, wiping my saliva off his ear.

I stopped laughing when he stared at me with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. He shook his head to get out his trance before giving me a small smile.

My breath hitched. He looked so adorable with that cute little smile and his bed hair. I shook my thoughts away and continued to furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Nothing," he said. "It's just that it's the first time I heard you laugh since yesterday. You're usually the one to make me laugh and now you're the one not laughing. You really shouldn't copy me, Vanessa."

I laughed again and his smile grew wider. Seeing him smile was enough to make me smile, as cheesy as that sounded.

"I'm not copying you," I snickered. "Why would I want to copy you?"

"Oh, come on," he said cockily. "I'm awesome."

I was about to retort when we heard a loud knock from the door.

"Hey, you lovebirds! Stop making out and eat your breakfast downstairs!" A voice that I recognized as Hazel's ordered. My face flushed as I stood up and opened the door.

Hazel looked surprised to finally see me. Her mouth was wide agape that I had to close it for her. Out of nowhere, she flung her arms around me.

"You idiot!" She wailed. "You had me so worried! Are you okay now? Don't ever do something like that again!"

"I'm fine," I assured, pulling her away from me. "And I promise not to do that again."

She sniffed before shooting me a death glare. "You better not."

I was about to say something when short arms were wrapped around my waist. What was up with people cutting me off today?

I looked down to see Matt pressing his face to my stomach as he wrapped his arms around me as tight as he could. I scooped Matt up and he buried his face to my neck. He may be heavy, but it was worth it.