Chapter Seventeen

I heard a camera flash, which made me pull away from Mason's shoulder.

I looked up to see Elizabeth grinning at us, a camera in her hand. I blushed when I realized she just took a picture of us together.

Her camera was a polaroid so when the photograph went out, she gushed at how cute it was before handing it over to us. She smirked at the both of us before walking away.

I stared at the picture, it really did look cute. I was leaning on Mason's shoulder, and I looked relaxed while Mason was smiling softly, staring at my head. It looked like we were a real couple.

And I thought it wouldn't be too bad if we were actually one.

I glanced at Mason and saw that his cheeks were pink. I was about to tease him about it when Juliana came again.

"Come on, Mason. We haven't danced together yet." She pouted. Mason sighed, irritated. He glanced behind me and his irritated demeanor changed. He sighed in defeat and offered his hand to Juliana, who was smiling triumphantly.

I glanced behind me and saw his grandmother staring at him strictly, as if ordering him to join Juliana.

I rolled my eyes. Why would you smile triumphantly when the boy you're obsessed with was just forced to dance with you?

When she completely dragged him away, I was left all alone, so I took the moment to glance around the room. My eyes fell on a familiar blond hair guy who was talking to someone. I smiled to myself and approached him.

Charles glanced around the room and spotted me, grinning. He excused himself to the person he was talking to before approaching me.

"Wow, Vanessa. You look like a person for once." He teased once we reached each other. I stared at him up and down. He looked handsome with his suit and his slightly messy hair. He surprisingly looked clean though, considering that he came from a game.

"You don't look bad yourself," I commented. "I thought you had a game."

"It's finished, we won by the way. Besides, I'm a guy, not a girl. I can quickly get ready, not like you girls." He tsked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So, where's your lover boy?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I blushed and smacked his arm playfully.

"Mason is not my lover boy," I scowled. "He's with Juliana."

"Someone's jealous," he teased, nudging me.

"Me, jealous? Why would I be jealous?" I laughed, staring at Juliana and Mason. She was clinging on to him while Mason just looked annoyed.

I didn't get why he could just be mean to her and ignore her, but then I remembered that his grandma wants them together. I frowned at that thought.

"Because you loooove him," he continued, smirking at me. I smacked his head.

"No, I don't." I snapped, crossing my arms.

"Not even a tiny crush?"

I hesitated.

He smirked. "I knew it!" He shouted as he fist bumped the air. I scowled while I put my hand on his mouth, shutting him up. He licked my hand, which made me jolt away from him.

"You're disgusting," I spat, wiping my hand on his suit. He laughed out loud.

"And that's why you love me," he joked once he finished laughing.

"Keep telling yourself that," I snickered.

Charles shook his head. "Wanna dance?"

He held his hand out, and I took it. I smiled at him as we walked towards the dancing area.