Chapter Three

"You just splashed me salty sea water right in my eye!" I shrieked, covering my burning eye.

"It's not my fault, you started it!" Mason shot back, defending himself.

"So mature, Mason." I scoffed, crossing my arms and glaring at him. Hazel and Charles have been long gone, probably tired from our constant bickering. We started chasing and splashing each other on the sea until at one point, he splashed me freaking salty water straight in my eye.

And it does not feel good.

"You were the one who wanted to swim," he muttered.

"Yeah, but you agreed to swim with me."

He scoffed. "More like you forced me to."

"Whatever," I dismissed before nudging his side playfully with a playful smirk. "I know you enjoyed swimming though."

He moved away from my touch, rolling his eyes. "You're still annoying."

With that, he swam away towards the dry sand.

"Vanessa!" I heard my mom calling for me. I sighed and swam towards the sand and walked to where she was.

"Yes mom?" I asked. She was standing beside Layla, who was fussing over Aria's sunburned skin. Matt stood by her, laughing as Aria was being scolded.

"Hi dear, Aria and Matt are really tired now. Could you bring them to the villa and get them to rest? It's getting late now anyway. Thanks darling!" She blew me a kiss before pushing the two tired looking kids gently towards me before throwing me my stuff and the keys of the villa.

"Why can't Charles do it?" I complained, wiping myself with a towel before putting the shirt and shorts I wore a while ago on. I placed the keys in my pocket.

"You seriously think that Charles would take care of them?" She scoffed before walking back to where Layla was.

"I'm not even tired yet!" Matt whined before yawning. Aria giggled.

"Oh really?" I mused as I watched him rub his eyes.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed before letting out another yawn. "Okay, maybe a little."

I laughed at my brother and held on their hands, gently tugging them to the villa.

They let theirselves be dragged until Matt suddenly stopped walking. I faced him to ask why he stopped walking to see him smiling as if he had just thought of a crazy idea. I was about to roll my eyes and tell him to forget it, but he kept tugging on my hand repeatedly.

"What?" I sighed, giving in.

"Let's have a race!" He exclaimed, his eyes shining with excitement.

"No! I'm going to lose, I'm the slowest here." Aria pouted, crossing her arms.

"Game on, loser," I challenged before squatting down. "Don't worry Aria, I'll carry you. Come on, hop on my back."

Her face brightened when I insisted for her to ride on me and quickly climbed on my back. It wasn't really hard to run since Aria was really, really light.

"But that's unfair, you have long legs!" Matt complained, pointing to my legs. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"She does not have long legs," Mason pointed out, popping out of nowhere.

I shot him a glare, but my hard stare faltered when my eyes found him. His hair was ruffled up from running his hand through it and it was slightly damp from swimming. He was wearing the shirt he wore a while ago, but it clung to his body perfectly since his body was slightly wet. He looked extremely drool worthy, but I managed to keep glaring at him.