Chapter Thirty Four

~ M A S O N ~

It was 8 AM in the morning when I felt like I was doing the ice bucket challenge.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, sitting up. I was drenched with cold water and even my bed was soaking wet.

I shot Charles, who was laughing his ass off, my famous death glare, making him immediately stop laughing. I smirked mentally to see that he was still scared of my glares. Everyone was.

Well, except for Vanessa.

That girl is weird.

But she's my weirdo.

"What's wrong with you?" I spat, standing up from my now wet bed.

I was mad at him for ruining my well-deserved sleep. I barely slept last night since all I could think about was how my meeting with my dad will be like. Did he change? Did he miss me? Will he apologize? Will things be okay again? The only thing that comforted me was that Vanessa was going to be there the whole time.

"You wouldn't wake up," Charles shrugged with an easy smile.

"That doesn't mean you could just throw a bucket of iced water at me." I retorted before calling for a maid to clean everything up.

"I just want to hang out with my adoring cousin that I love so much," he pouted and I rolled my eyes.

Sometimes, I wondered how we were related.

He was adored by most of the girls he meets, while girls stay away from me. Everyone likes him, while everyone is scared of me. He was childish and immature, while I wasn't. He's charming, and I'm rude.

I'm pretty sure I'm still the better cousin though.

I gave him the finger before pushing him out of my room. I heard him laugh as I slammed the door before him. I sighed and took a quick bath since I was already wet and all.

Stupid Charles had to wake me up early on a Saturday. That kid is abnormal.

I walked out of the bathroom, freshly washed and changed, to see Charles staring at the photos of Vanessa and I that I set up on my table. The bed had been changed so he was sitting on my bed.

I crossed my arms. "What are you even doing here?"

"Can't I just hang out with my cousin with any questions?" he asked defensively, looking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him before he finally sighed in defeat.

"Because of that," he explained, pointing at Vanessa's photo.

"What's up with her?"

"Nothing. It's just that I wanted to talk to you about her. Are you serious about her?" he interrogated, his usual fun blue eyes were serious.

I know that he was her best friend and all, but he was acting so much like he was her dad.

"I wouldn't be wearing this stupid girly necklace all the time if I wasn't serious," I said, showing him the necklace she gave me. "I would've still been hurting myself if I wasn't serious. I wouldn't have all these photos of her if I wasn't serious. Hell, I wouldn't be even talking to her if I wasn't serious!"

Charles stood up and walked in front of me. "Vanessa has been through a lot and she's like a sister to me. I'd do anything to make her happy so if she comes running to me because you hurt her, I will end you, family or not. Understand?"

To be honest, I was a little scared. Charles was rarely like this and he doesn't necessarily throw death threats around like that. He really does care for her.