2 - Where is my Mate?

The next morning I got up before the sun.

I picked up my phone and called the Kingdom Pack’s Beta. A man answered.

“Kingdom Pack Beta, Nicholas. Who is calling?”

I took a deep breath and used my most respectful voice. “Future Alpha of the Dark pack. I was recently informed that I had to meet the Kingdom Alpha before my final step up. I want to set an appointment for today. I’ll be joined with the current Alpha as well.”

There was some ruffling in the background before Nicholas answered. “Ah, yes. The Dark pack. The last records are from three generations ago with an Alpha John. Your pack is behind in the times young lady.”

I sighed. “Yes Beta. The information came from a neighboring pack. My preceding Alphas did not leave this information for me or my father or his father.”

The Beta sighed. “Well you have fixed the cycle. Your appointment is set for 5 o’clock today. Be a few minutes early.”

I nodded to myself. “Yes sir. We will be there. Thank you.”

The Beta hung up without responding. I got up out of bed and went to my parents’ room. I knocked on the door and dad answered. “Yes?”

I sighed. “Appointment is at five. Grandpa John was the last one to meet the Kingdom Alpha. The Beta wasn’t happy.”

Dad shook his head. “Well we better get ready and quick. It’s a long drive.”

I nodded and went back to my room. I fixed my hair in a simple half up half down style and got dressed. I also grabbed a small clutch for a wallet and my phone.

I met dad in the living room. He had on a suit with a white tie. He smiled at me as we walked out the house and loaded up into our small car.

With dad’s driving, we were on the interstate within minutes.

The Kingdom pack was half a state away from our pack so we would get there around four.

IT was a quiet and long trip. We stopped twice to eat and a few other times to use the bathroom but otherwise we were on the road.

When we got to the pack border we pulled over and had to ask for entrance. Once permission was given we had to drive another hour to the main house. It wasn’t really a house though. More like a small castle hidden by trees.

We left the car in the drive way and entered the building. The first room looked like a waiting room with a desk. A young woman sat at the desk and looked up when we came in.

“Dark Pack Alpha and trainee?”

Dad nodded. “Yes, I am Kyle Lane and this is my Daughter, Tiffany.”

The lady nodded and wrote something down. “Your twenty minutes early. Alpha Jones and Luna Kate are meeting with you in the dining hall. A wolf will lead you there.”

At that very moment a grey wolf appeared next to us. He nudged my leg and we followed him. We went through a maze of hallways before we got to a large and grand dining hall. The main rectangular table was large and there were many small tables scattered around.

The main table held places for visitors like ourselves. The wolf pointed his noise at two seats for us to take. As we sat it disappeared again.

I looked around. The castle really showed the king in the kingdom pack. I was admiring a large portrait of a group of black wolves when a cough drew my attention.

I looked up and saw a beautiful lady in a white dress sit down in front of me. Next to her sat a young man with black hair. His eyes were a strange orange color.