25 - Promotion

A month goes by and I don’t see Dante at all. I’m on my way to an all day cleaning job for an elder when a wolf appears in front of me.

I bow my head slightly. “New orders? I will have to do them as soon as I finish at an elder’s home.”

The wolf rolls its eyes. “Forget the elder. Willshay wishes to speak to you.”

I nodd and turn toward the pack house and walk there. A few wolves growl at me as I pass by on the way.

When I get there, I head up to the office and fond Willshay with an angry face. “Tiffany, I have been hearing good things about you. But there is something I would live to discuss first. What happened to John?”

I sigh and tell him the story and instead of telling Dante’s name I simply say my mate.

When I finish Willshay looks at me and sighs. “Well I have talked to the new alpha of our neighboring pack and he claims that you were a part of his pack before you were sent on this quest of yours. On his request and judging by your progress since you have been here, you will be promoted. But because you are needed at home you will skip a few minor ranks. But you will still be required to fulfill those jobs on your free time.”

I smile. “Thank you so much Alpha Willshay.”

Willshay rolls his eyes. “Let me get you ranked up and get this over with. I, Willshay, promote Omega Tiffany lane to the rank of Peacekeeper. She has proven herself to be a responsible person and will here by hold one of the greatest responsibilities as a Peacekeeper.”

I smile as I feel power fill me. I almost feel myself again. I look at Willshay. “Thank you. Before I leave I have a question.”

Willshay sighs. “What is it?”

I tilt my head slightly. “Who is the new alpha? And what did you mean when you said I was needed at home?”

Willshay smirks a little. “The Alpha of your old pack will show himself to you eventually. And as for being needed, your friends miss you and things have changed while you have been gone. But they will be fine till you are supposed to return to them.”

I nodd and get up to leave but Willshay shakes his head. “Keep Wiley in check Peacekeeper. You have to stop the fights within the pack. Wiley has started a fight that he cannot fight for himself. And you will be in the middle. Keep an eye out for your mate.”

I frown but leave anyways. He probably heard about the marking issue. I look at my hand as I leave the pack house and head to the omega home. The grey mark is still there but barely visible.

I enter the house and head to the kitchen. When Teresa sees me, she drops the pan in the sink and looks at me in shock.

I smile. “Promotion to Peacekeeper.”

Teresa nodds slowly and picks the pan up. “That’s good to hear. Does that mean you are going to be moving somewhere else?”

I shake my head. “I will stay here till I leave the pack unless you want me to leave.”

Teresa smiles. “No, I would prefer you to stay here if you don’t mind.”

I smile back. “Good. Now have you heard anything about a new Alpha over in the Dark pack?”

Teresa freezes up and swallows. “Um. No. Why? Have you?”

I nodd and tilt my head. “Willshay said something about it.”

Teresa relaxes a little. “Some things are best left alone. You will learn everything come time that you need to.”

I frown. “I guess I will just find a fight to break up then.”