18 - Movement

I wake up the next morning to knocking on my door.

I get up and answer to find Cole again.

He grins. “I woke you up again. Get dressed. Kyle found somewhere and it’s cheap.”

I nodd and shut the door.

An hour later I’m in the study while my dad is mapping out Colorado. “I called and talked to the Cloud Pack alpha. After some research we were able to agree on something. With Dante’s help we can purchase the land to the north of the Cloud pack and at the same time protect one border for each of us from rogues. We will have less protection but we will have plenty of land to live and grow on. We will also be far enough away from the Kingdom pack that we will have freedom like we want.”

Cole nodds. “Good. Now if you buy it today how are we going to move?”

Kyle sighs and scratches his head. “We are going to have to rebuild houses and the hospital and everything from scratch. The land that we are buying only has one town and it only has a few stores and that’s it. But as for the moving part, once everything is built we can get moving trucks and move that way. We will have to sell anything that is replaceable and do that as well.”

I nodd. “And how long should all of this take?”

Kyle sighs. “A month or more. I’m going to talk to Wulfric about moving the pack members into their lands and be guests till we have the houses built. It will be safer and easier that way.”

I sigh. “So we are going to be staying at the Cloud Pack as our land is rebuilt from scratch. Then once everything is done we just move on to our new home and I start the long payment to Dante?”

Kyle nodds. “Exactly. The hospital it first then we start with the houses.”

Cole tilts his head. “Why don’t we just move down there today? Get a few moving trucks and load them up with any keep sakes and put them in storage till everything it built. Otherwise some members will have to stay here and that’s not a good idea.”

Kyle rolls his eyes. “That’s what I had in mind. Once we leave we can auction off the land and everything on it and get money back to be able to help live off of.”

Cole nodd. “Oh ok. I understand. So are we starting today?”

Kyle shakes his head. “No, but I have sent out for pack members to start packing only keepsakes and a few days of clothes everything else can be replaced.”

I sigh. “Well I better get started too then.”

My dad frowns. “Yeah. Start in the attic. Your mother was up there again last night. I sent her to the hospital so that she will stop tearing things up. I don’t know what were going to do with her.”

I laugh and head upstairs to start the long process of moving.

Over the next month we move what’s left of the pack to Colorado. Every hour that I’m awake, I’m busy moving or working or building something. Finally the pack begins to move into the houses as we finish them up. Everything goes just as planned with no problems at all. Even the auctioning of our old lands went peacefully.

Finally today my parents and I can move into our new house.

I am busy unpacking into my new dresser when there is a cough from my door way.

Dante is standing there with his arms folded across his chest. I stand up and put a hand on my hip. “What now? Another reminder about our deal? Or is there actually something you need to tell me?”