The Date

Elvis and Tevin in the MM

KEHLANI
So it's going on 8:00 and Nicki's friends are suppose to be here soon. We did our hygiene because not to much longer ago we went to the gym. We was there longer than what we expected. I got dressed in all white with a pair red Chucks. Since I didn't really know these guys or what they were about I dressed real comfortable. I called out for Nicki to see if she was ready or at least close to being ready.

" Nick! When are they gonna get here so this hell of a date can be over." I screamed towards the bathroom door.

" He said that they should be pulling up right now , Lani open the door "

I walked over and opened the door and two guys slowly walked up to the door.

" Wasup shawty, My name Tevin but call me Tev! And you are ?" He reached out for a hug.

" Kehlani !"

" Kehlani? Kind of name is Kehlani?"

I clenched my jaw holding in what I was about to say. " Just call me Lani....just Lani okay ?" I said shaking his hand.

" Okay....Just Lani ". I rolled my eyes as he finally walked off.

" And pardon me shawty , Just Lani I'm Elvis.....But I prefer to be called Eggroll. "

I looked at him in confusion. " Egg....Eggroll what type nickname is Eggroll" I said shaking his hand.

"It's a name you'll always remember how bout that ?" He said with a smirk.

" What ever".

"So um where shawty at she takin' all day ?" Tevin said pulling out his phone.

" Damn, impatient are we ? Hey Tev!" Nicki said walking over to him giving him a hug.

"Nah that how you welcome a nigga Just Lani".

Ugh man As if this couldn't get any worse. Tevin is so annoying! " Udigg this , Udigg that" I dig if you get out.

"So Lani.....why you so quiet" Elvis asked trying to start small talk.

" Well for one its early asf what is it like 9:00 and our asses in the house. And on top of that I don't have shit to say. Eggroll ". I swear I don't wanna be in the house something just feels weird in here.

"Let's roll out"

I looked over at Tevin like damn finally. "Umm where we going ? "

" I know this burger shack over here in 3rd Ward I mean that's if yal wanna go".

I looked over a Nicki.

" It's food....We down."

Nicki hopped in the passenger side of Tevin's car which left me and Elvis to sit in the back.

" Damn Shawty you don't say much huh?" He looked over at me.

" I don't, and it's Lani. ". I looked out the window.

" Just tryna talk to you dang ma nothing too serious. " He rolled the window down and began to look out the window.

Finally we pulled up. I've been living in Nola for almost 2 years and I've never been to Lomboni's. The car stopped.

" If yal gonna get out get out. Folks hungry as fuck. " Tevin said laughing letting Nicki out of the car.

We walked up to the register and got greeted by the cashier Jammie.

" Hi welcome to Lomboni's what would you like ?"

I let Tevin and Nicki go a head of me cause I really didn't know much about the place.

"Huh....lemme get a god damn Hotdog special hold all that damn ketchup cause yal asses be pushing it. My side I want a order of fries light on the salt. Matter fact make that a medium fry with a Pepsi to drink. Nicki gon head and get what you gonna get I got you."

I thought to myself lord he can't talk worth shit I laughed and listened for what Nicki got to see what caught my attention.

"Umm let me see....Can I get a Lomboni burger extra pickles a side order of fries and a sprite no ice. " Nicki stood beside Tevin and grabbed his arm.

"Would that be all for you today ?" Jammie asked as she rung up everything.

" That will be all ".

" For here or Togo? " she said as she clicked every button.

"For here" Tevin spoke. " Okay your total amount is 13.99. " Tevin paid for the food and then it was me and Elvis turn to order.

"Matter of fact, what they got sounded pretty good. How about that Lani ?" I looked over at him.

" Sure , fine with me. Just make my drink a sweet tea light ice and 2 lemons"

I watched him as he pulled the cash out of his pocket.

" We'll have what they had just change that drink to a sweet tea light ice and 2 lemons."

I reached into my pocket to pay for my own food.

" I got it don't worry about it ". I told him thank you and finally we all had our food and we got a booth in the back of the restaurant. Of course Tevin and Nicki had their own booth. As I'm eating my food I see the figure I seen once again walking past the window yet this time he was smiling at me weird thing is I smiled back. I swear he looked just like the man I've been researching.

" Lani !! Lani"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yes what is it what you want man " I laughed.

" I said where you from shawty ". He took a bite of his burger.

" I'm from Oklahoma. I recently moved here 2 years ago I've always like the culture here. Where you from? You can't be from here your ass is country as hell! " He started laughing.

" Well shawty I'm from the A ! "

Conversation was good. Finally it was time to go. We pulled back up to my house I started to realize Elvis isn't really that bad. But man Nicki and Tevin was over there boo loving and getting on our last nerve.

" A room would be nice for the both of yal asses. " Elvis walked towards Tevin smacking the back of his head.

" Lani! "

I see Nicki walk over towards me.

"Well if it's no problem with you I'm gonna stay with Tevin tonight."

I gave her a stern look. How the hell this bitch gonna leave me ? Shit man I crossed my arms.

" And what the hell yal about to do little nasty asses ". I already knew what she was up to. Of course it was no problem I mean do you.

" I'll see you tomorrow okay Lani! And stay away from that fucking question board that shit ain't nothing to be playing with. "

I waved them off as they got in the car. I was only 10:30 and I was not sleepy at all. I walked into my room and grabbed the question board we made from the previous night and I called on August once again.

So umm I'm not really good at this writing thingy. As yal can see but eh fuck it people learn. But show some love tell me what I need to change I'm all ears ! Don't be afraid to comment cause I will answer and read everything.