Ch.7: The Party is Over

BrookePOV.:

Gasping in shock, I turned back around and slapped Blake, hard, in the face.

"Mine!" I heard someone growl. In seconds, Ace had me behind him, and he was growling at Blake. "Mine!"

I could feel everyones gazes on us. "Ace?"

He growled again, and grabbed me bridal style. "Mine! My mate..."

Gasps escaped the crowd, and my father, along with Hunter, came closer to us. "Ace?" My father asked, causing Ace to growl even louder.

Taking a closer look at him, I noticed his eyes were black, with streaks of silver in it. "Okay, JC?" Hunter asked.

This time Ace, or JC, didn't growl, and gave them a curt nod. "Mine."

Hunter nodded, walking closer to us with his hands up in a sign of peace. "I'm not going to take your mate away, but we should take her back to her room."

Ace/JC shook his head. "No, she stays with me. My place."

My father looked around. "Everybody, the party is over. Go back to your homes!"

In seconds everyone had left. Ace/JC started walking towards the door. "I'm going home." He barked.

"Ace, or JC, or whoever you are right now, can you put me down. Please?" I asked, gripping on his shoulders with a death grip, afraid of falling on the floor.

He shook his head. "No."

Huffing, I relaxed in his arms and slowly fell asleep.

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

"Ow!" Someone growled. "What happened? Where's- BROOKE!"

Feeling someone shake my shoulder, I finally opened my eyes. "Ace?"

Seeing his normal green eyes, I knew he was back to normal. "God, are you okay? I just woke up with a killer headache and I see you passed out next to me. I thought my wolf took over and hurt you, or worse-"

"Ace, I'm fine." I told him, grabbing his hands, feeling electricity course through me.

Ace's eyes turned black. "Mate." He shook his head and his eyes were back to green. "I'm sorry, that just came out." He realized something and his eyes widened. "HOLY F*CK! YOU'RE MY MATE!"

Cocking my head to a side, I bit my thumb nail. "F*ck?" Realizing what he said my eyes widened. "Mates?!"

"Holy f*ck." He muttered over and over again.

"Ace? Are you alright?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He growled softly. "Brooke, I love you, but take your hand off me unless you want something uncalled for to happen."

Slowly pulling my hand away, I sighed. "I'm going to go take a walk. While you, should take a shower. You smell a little."

Ace nodded. "Don't get to far from the cave."

"I promise I won't. See you in a little while." I kissed his cheek, and soon walked away, to the forest that was near the cave.

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

Hearing a rustling, I immediately turned towards the sound. "H-hello? Anyone out here?"

Out of nowhere, a small white fox pup appeared from behind a bush.

"Oh dear! Come here." I pulled the pup in my arms. "Oh you're shivering, you must be freezing!" Looking around, I saw a bigger version of the fox poking from behind the bush. Walking closer, I saw another two pups dead besides the mother, who had a bone sticking out of its chest. "Oh my gosh!" I gasped.

"Brooke is that you?"

I turned around and saw my father. "Father! I- the- it's dying!" I pointed to the mother fox. "What should we do?"

Father looked at the fox and then the pup. "The mother won't be able to survive much longer, and the pup... Well it will either die out here by itself, or you can keep it and raise it."

Pulling the pup closer, I looked at father with the biggest eyes I could make. "I can't leave it! It's just a pup! I'm going to keep her, but what about its mother?"

He looked down and sighed. "I'm going to put it out of its misery, but I suggest you go back home."

Nodding, I turned around and started running towards the cave.

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

"ACE!" I yelled, stopping by the bed and wrapping the pup, that I found out was male, in a blanket. "ACE, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"

"Here." I heard a soft grumble. Turning around I saw him with only a towel covering his waist.

Oh gods...

Snapping back to reality, I pointed to the fox, that I've named Storm, mostly cause a storm started a little after I entered the cave. "I found Storm in the forest, and his family was dead. Can we keep him? I can't let him die out there, he's only a pup!" I rambled on.

Ace raised a brow at me. "Sure, we can keep him."

Gasping, I rushed towards him and pulled him into a hug. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I pulled away and kissed his cheek. "THANK YOU!"

Opening my eyes, I saw his turn black with silver streaks. "Brooke, I'm in a towel, and the fact that my wolf is trying to take over is enough to know he wants to mark you."

I gave him a confused look. "Okay, I'm going to act as if I know what that means." Pulling away, I started speaking softly. "I'm going to take a shower, okay?"

Ace nodded, shuffling towards his cabinets and took out a shirt and some boxers. "Here, you can wear this."

Nodding, I walked towards the bathroom. "Take care of Storm, will you?"

"Yes Brooke." He replied huskily.

•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•*•~_~•

Pic of new Hunter