Chapter 4

A little boy with black hair and red eyes was smiling, picking up flowers in a field. Wait, that little boy was me when I was 8.

     The boy had a bunch of colorful flowers and started to run to a park to show his friends.

     "Look, look! I got pretty flowers." He smiled. The kids gave him a mean look and scowled, "what a girl!" The boy gave them a confused look, "Huh?"

     The kids smiled. They punched his face, making him fall to the ground. Kicking him in the face they said, "your mom doesn't even love you."

     The little boy smiled, "No! She loves me. And I love her too!" The kids grinned, "she never loved you because you're a MONSTER."

     Now the little boy's face fell. All the flowers from his hands fell as the kids beat him up.

     The kids finally left with the little boy on the ground crying. He was repeatedly saying softly, "No, she loves me, she loves me, she lo..."

     The little boy got up, his leg pained from being kicked to hard. His face ached from being punched. His tear drops fell to the ground, "she loves me right?"

     He picked up all the fallen flowers one by one even though his back ached.

     He came home with a puffed up face filled with bruises, his red eyes gleaming, his legs and hands shaking from the pain.

     "H-Here mommy, I got you these," holding out the flowers. His mom was laughing a second ago but then turned scary.

     She slapped the flowers from his hands. His hands started throbbing. "Why would I accept this flowers when they were touched by you!" She kicked the boy far back into the wall. He almost fainted, "I love you mommy, do you love me?"

     His mom said, "no one would love a monster." She threw him an apple, "that's your breakfast, lunch, and dinner for today." The little boy smiled weakly, unable to catch the apple because of the pain. "You love me because you haven't thrown me out yet right?"

     His mom looked back, "no, it's because it'll look bad for me." The kid's face fell. The apple was never eaten in the end.

     I woke up. Why'd I remember that? A tear slipping down my cheek, surprised of my tear I jumped. I wiped it off.

     I was in the infirmary. Next to me was Truth.

     "Where is everyone?" I asked. Truth looked at me sadly, "another earthquake came and we split apart."

     Dang, this means we'll have to find them again. Truth's aura turned red to yellow. Ever since then, I couldn't see my own aura again.

     "Let's look for windows or so to escape once we found everyone." I said. "Okay," Truth agreed.

     We left the infirmary into the 100's hallways. "We met once," Truth said. I looked at her, "Yeah, I know, yesterday right?" She looked at me seriously. We both stopped.

     "No, in my dreams, Zodiac." I decided to ask her how she knew my name. The professor didn't call my name. "How do you know my name?" Truth bit her lips, "you told me." I backed up, "I did? When?"

     "In my dreams," she whispered. And that's when my dream came back. Truth was there. We were in the galaxy looking at the world, Earth.

     "You're special," she said.
     "How?" I asked, we were sitting on a star next to each other.
     "I don't know."
     "Then what's your name?"
     "If you tell me yours."
     "Zodiac."
     "That's a beautiful name, it fits you."
     "My name's Truth."
     "Oh, I like it."
     "You're special."

     I came back to reality. Truth was infront of me, staring. I asked, "how long was I out?" She looked at me up and down and finally said, "a few seconds."

     "How am I special?" I asked. We started walking again, "I don't know you just are, I felt like I had to say it that time."

     She looked like she was telling the truth but you could never be sure.

     There were no windows at all. Just walls, it was like all the windows and exits never existed.

     "I don't think an earthquake did this," I whispered. I took out my phone, no signal at all.

     "What do you mean?" Truth asked. I looked behind us then faced forward, "sshh.. someone's following us, don't look back." Truth looked shocked, "what? I didn't feel a presence." I grinned, "yeah, whoever it is, is good at concealing their self, but not that good." I took a breath, "an earthquake couldn't have done this," I said lowly.

     "Then what did?" She asked. "I don't know, we'll have to find out." I said.

I picked up some glass shards into my pocket. Turning a corner, the presence disappeared. "Goodbye," it said.

"Did you hear thar?" I asked, puzzled. "Hear what?"
"Nevermind," I shook my head. I think it's only me who can hear it.

We decided to scout out for others. Truth and I were having a nice conversation at the time. "Really? You can paint too?" I asked. "I love art."

We were about to turn a corner. But we saw a pile of blood near the corner. Slowly we crept towards it.

What we saw, shocked us. The guy in front of Mag that Zach and I were making fun of was dead. His guts were spilled everywhere and his face expression was shocked as well.

His wars were gone, teared off I may say. His tongue was out of his mouth. And his organs were ripped out.

Truth gagged while I just stood there. I inspected what happened. It seems he was choked then ripped off of everything. Panicking wasn't going to do anything. I hugged Truth, burying her in my chest, "you shouldn't look at these things."

I took a look at the body, he had a red aura but he didn't suicide.

I put one and one together. A murder, earthquake, no exits or windows, the presence.

Someone caused this and it's someone in the building, ready to attack us. I won't tell anyone though, it'd freak them out, and we can't trust anyone here.

I wanted to find the professor, I know he had something to do with this. I remembered what he said, "be careful around him." I wondered what he meant. Was he good or bad? Dangerous or not? I wasn't sure.

     The unsureness drove me crazy. I had to know what was going on. This was the ultimate game I could not afford to lose.

     While we were searching for others. I searched in my mind about the professor.

     The professor had jet black hair, cautious, and still pretty handsome, he had a sinister look behind his face mask.

     I bit my lip. So many things at once. I heard footsteps. Truth and I froze. We looked at each other and started running towards it. We saw Devin, his brown hair and his deep blue eyes, he was panting on the ground.

     We walked up to him. "Whoa, whoa, what happened?" I asked. He looked at me, "Zodiac!" He awkwardly hugged me.

     "I woke up on the 2nd floor and was trying to find someone." He said. I looked at his nails, "what's wrong with it?" I asked. It had something red in it.

     He laughed, "oh, my mom spilled my jelly doughnuts on me and I tried to get it off."

     "Ew dude, that's disgusting. What a waste," I grinned. He lightly hit me, "MY WASTE!"