Chapter 5

The professor walked in on us. We shared a glance then I tackled him.

     "Get off me!" He yelled. "No way." I said, I couldn't let him escape. "You know what's happening don't you?" He looked at us all.

     "Kind of," he replied. "Explain." I said. "Something or someone is causing this and I'm trying to find out who." I raised my eyebrow, "and if it's you?"

     I could tell he chose his words carefully. He didn't want to tell us everything. He didn't trust us. There was also the possibility that he caused it all.

     Infact I didn't trust any of my friends. Especially my closest friends, it's easier to keep a watch over them.

     It was dark at night. Mag, Devin, Zach, Francie, and I were crashing at Devin's house. We were playing Situation. You describe a situation to someone and that person has to say what they would do.

     Devin asked Francie, "what would you do if your closest friend tried to kill you?" She laughed, "I'd kill them first."

     I laughed, "Francie, you're terrifying. Francie smiled, "you never know I might do just that." Perhaps, but you wouldn't have gotten me, I thought.

     "I'm too ready for you," I whispered. Francie lightly punched me.

     Francie asked Mag, "what would you do if you had a power?" Mag grinned, "I'd use it as much as I could."

     Mag asked Zach, "what would you do if you died?" Zach thought about it, "I'd watch over my one and only love, Zodiac." He winked at me. Everyone bursted out laughing while I gagged. I smiled.

     Zach asked me, "what would you do if I was murdered?" I looked at him straight, "I'd avenge you."

     The professor got up from under me as I went off. Smiling I said, "shall we find everyone, teacher?" He groaned, "yeah yeah." I saw a key dangling from the professor's pocket.

     I thought of any locked doors in the school. That's when I remembered it. I hugged the professor.

     "What child?" He asked. "N-O-T-H-I-N-G!" I said, quietly stealing the keys.

     Devin was whistling a song. I recognized it but didn't remember what. I got off the professor, putting the keys in my pocket.

     "Hey Devin, what song is that?" I asked. Devin smiled, putting his hands behind his head, "not telling!"

     I grumbled, "fine have it your way!" As we explored the possibility 1st floor, we left towards the 2nd floor. Mag and Francie started running towards us. Mag's blonde hair hit my face when she jumped onto Zach.

     "MAG! Your hair is a bully! Tell it to stop!" I yelled. "It's a she!" She yelled. I smiled, "you sure?"

     Mag stuck her tongue out, "uh yeah!" I crossed my arms, "go check." Mag asked, "how would you know?" I yelled out, "it had split ends!" Mag gasped.

     We all started laughing. Truth pulled me aside, "hey, do you trust me?" I thought about it but I think I already knew the answer, "yeah."

     "After all this time, I believe one of then is the attacker." She said. "I think that too, but did you ever think that it might be me?"

She shook her head, "no, because I trust you." I smiled and hugged her.

"Ew, stop cuddling and get out here," said Devin grinning. I stuck out my tongue, "I'd rather stay with her than you."

Truth blushed wildly. "Nice makeup you got there," I smiled.

Devin suggested we split up to find out clues. I protested but everyone else agreed. We went in pairs. Truth and I, Devin and Troy, Mag and Zach, and Francie and the professor.

I felt unsure of the professor but Francie was a strong girl. We decided to post notes on the walls in the school to keep contact. Each of us got a pack of sticky notes and pen.

Truth whispered in my ear, "good, I don't really trust them except you." I smiled gently. "Shall we go?" Holding out my arm. Taking my arm she said, "we shall."

We walked down to the right on the 2nd floor. An old woman with white hair that was skinny to the bone was on the floor.

Truth gasped. The old woman hoarsely said, "h-he got me." I could smell the poison out of her mouth, "who got you? Who!" Her breath began to be desperate, she coughed out a tongue and it was definitely the dead body downstair's tongue. "It was the boy with -, "she coughed violently and collapsed.

"Check her heartbeat! Check it!" Truth yelled. I checked it. A tear drop slipped down my face and shook my head. "She's a lost cause," I said quietly.

I realized I've been crying a lot today. It's pulling me apart. I checked her tag. It said: Nurse Sume | School: Marlee High School. Her mouth was open, something was in it.

     "Look," I said pointing to her mouth. Truth turned her head to look. "Wait here."

     I pulled out a sheet of paper out her mouth. She probably tried to hide it from whoever she was talking about. The note said :

     To whoever this goes to,

     He threatened me. He made me do it! I'm not crazy! He's real, and scary. All I know is that he's from room 104. He has a grudge. I don't know his name.

-Natsume

     Room 104... now that I think about it only our class is in here. I haven't seen any other class yet. I wondered if Truth noticed. And since when? I'm suppose to trust her though right?

     I was about to speak when she did first, "did you realize only our class is here?" I stumbled back, shocked, she was thinking the same thing I was! "Yeah, I noticed." I said cooly.

     Just then I felt a push on my back. Both Truth and I were pushed into an empty classroom. Probably one of the 300's rooms.

     "Owww.." She said, rubbing her leg. "That hurt, god." I quickly looked behind. I only saw a hand. I recognized it but I don't remember whose. God dang it!

     We were locked in. Truth was banging on the door yelling, "help," or, "let us out!" It didn't help. I could hear Natsume's body being dragged away. Probably to be hidden. This kid didn't want any evidence. He was cautious. He was someone I knew. And that's what scared me most of all.

     Did I trust anyone? No, only Truth even though I just met her. Was it wrong? I feel like she understood me somehow. My heart raced. I just realized we were trapped in a room alone together.

     I think I like her. And I'm glad I got the paper before "he" pushed us in or maybe it's an "it." We can't go on with one lead you know. And maybe love is a dangerous game.