Chapter 15

"Did you guys find anything?" Troy asked. Mag threw her hands up in the air, "nope! Not a thing!"

I had my picture folded up in my pocket. "Thunk, thunk." I heard footsteps and apparently so did everyone else. We all hushed up and kept our ears opened. The footsteps were coming towards us.

There was a pattern to his or her footsteps. It would go, "thunk, thunk, stop, thunk, thunk, stop." It was right in front of our door now. I could hear the door knob rattling.

The door creaked open slowly. The professor stood there. Zach and Troy tried to tackle him but fell. The professor teleported to the other side of the room. "I'm guessing you know about the Zodiacs and Treasurers." Devin gulped loud enough for me to hear. "Can you guess what I am?"

Truth stepped forward, "definitely not a Treasurer, your abilities far exceeds that, so what Zodiac are you?" He laughed, "oh deary, that's for you to find out."

He always had a strong presence and sometimes those could be scary. He checked his watch, "well only 10 hours to go!" He smiled then vanished into thin air.

So he was a Zodiac... but what number?!? This was getting too complicated. Well it always was but even more now! I shook my head, let's get out of here guys."

Mag held up her hand to say stop, "ummmmm, guys I think I found a hidden door." We started walking towards the back of the book shelves. Her hands trembled slightly as she touched the beautiful designs carved onto the door that looked like the wall.

It had no door knob and 2 lions on the side, decorated with fancy symbols.

"How do you know that this is a door?" Troy asked. Mag shrugged, "I don't know, I guess a gut feeling." I touched the door gently, it was beautiful.

"Guys look." I pointed at the top where some letters stood. It said:

HUSPHIUCO

"What does it mean?" Truth asked out loud in wonder. My red eyes fired powerfully, it burned. The letters started to change.

OHPIUCHUS

"It means snake charmer." I said out loud. Everyone turned to look at me. I snapped out of lala land and put the letters in order. From HUSPHIUCO to OPHIUSCHUS.

The door started opening upwards. "Rrrrrrrrrr." There were stairs leading downwards. We all glanced at each other. "So.... should we go?" Devin asked.

I shrugged, "I guess so." After a couple of minutes, we decided to go on ahead. I mean like we got nothing to lose. We're already risking our life out there.

We descended down the stairs. It had torches on the side and was very dark and hard to breath in. Once in a while we heard something creak or scurry along.

We ended up in a vintage room. With a couch and a rug with two untouched book shelves.

Zach and Devin sat down on the couch. "I guess we should look through these books for clues." I said.

Truth, Mag, and I welcomed ourselves and started reading. "Hey guys, look at this." I said, signaling them to come.

An old newspaper said:

"When all the Zodiacs and Treasurers lived in a far away place called Hikormi. One of the Zodiacs became jealous of the 13th zodiac, telling lies and setting him up. Everyone turned against him. The 13th zodiac was banished from the land and wandered everywhere.

The 13th zodiac finally settled down on Earth. Coming to love it and the people there as well. The Zodiacs and Treasurers later found out about the zodiac lying. They felt bad and guilty, deciding to search for him.

The 13th zodiac decided to use his powers to help the humans. While the other zodiac became angry, he stormed off and left to Earth.

Although the Zodiacs and Treasurers found him, it was too late. The other zodiac killed him and disappeared. No one ever saw him again.

The Zodiacs cried, vowing to help fulfill the 13th zodiac's wish and help out humans. The Treasurers followed along and helped the Zodiacs.

While the Guardian of the Zodiacs stayed in Hikormi, watching over them. For he regretted not trying enough to summon the 13th zodiac back when he refused to come back. So he watched over them dearly everyday."

"What zodiac did that?" Truth said hoarsely. "That's awful!" Devin laughed, "In a way, it was a good thing because its what they do now, help out." Zach punched him lightly on the arm, "yeah, I guess so."

I looked up. "Hey, it's getting late, we should get out of here." I said. We started to get up when we heard a rumbled. "THUMP." The sound echoed off. Truth's eyes widened, "the door. THE DOOR!" She yelled.

It was closed. "Vvvvvvvrrrrrrr." It was getting closer. Wait what was. My eyes twitched. 2 walls were closing us in. WE WERE GOING TO BE SMASHED APART!

Mag's legs gave out, holding onto Zach. Truth started shaking so bad, if was like she was experiencing another earthquake. I buried her in my chest. "Don't look," I whispered. I felt her nod quickly, tightening her grip on me.

Troy just stood there in silence. He was obviously frozen in fear. Devin tackled Troy out of the way.

"Stop being an IDIOT!" He screamed at Troy. Which apparently woke him up.

The walls were only about 2 feet each away from us. The grey cemented wall pushed the torches on the ground, building a fire inside this small room. Furnitures were being pushed across.

I guess this was a security breach code for them. I felt rage building up in me for some reason. I got angrier each second that passed. I couldn't take it anymore!