Chapter 3

One step into the classroom and the ground started shaking. The tables were jumping up and down. Boy isn't this exciting. I licked my mouth. This will be a fun activity.

The ground rumbled crazily. "Earthquake!" Someone screamed. An alarm bursted and glass fell down. "Crash!" "Eeeeeeeeekkkkk!" The glass cut a girl's leg, not too large but still bloody. I was losing consciousness. But the last thing I saw was the professor leaving.

I blacked out. The green eyes girl was in my class. The professor called her name out. It was beautiful and really fitted her. Her name was Truth. I couldn't wait to talk to her again.

I woke up to someone shaking me heavily. "Dude, dude, dude, WAKE UP!" I groaned, "5 more minutes," snuggling upon the wait what floor not my bed? My eyes shot open.

"Z-Zach?" I shouted as I saw my best friend's red hair come into view. "Something's up, look around," he said worriedly.

There was no one in the room except me, Zach, and the kid with purple hair who was infront of Devin. He was still unconscious. Zach scratched his head, "Um, I wasn't sure if he was suspicious or not so I just left him there."

Now that I think about it, he was that kid who didn't really talk and just stared off into space.

Other than that, the room was in chaos. Actually this wasn't even room 104! It was one of the rooms on the left of the first floor, so the 400's rooms. I decided not to tell Zach about me entering the room earlier and not seeing them. I'll tell him when I figure it out.

The classroom had broken tables, cracked floors, and no electricity. "Hey, did you always have those tattoos?" I asked Zach. "Uh yeah." He had these black bands tattoo around his right upper arm.

Now that I study him, he had hazel eyes, a nose piercing, and diamond earrings. "Dude, you're hot." "W-what?" We looked at each other and bursted out laughing. I decided it was a good way to forget our situation.

I wanted to find Truth. I could tell Zach was worried about Mag. "We should try to find the others and exits." I suggested.

"Should we wake him up?"
"Eh, I guess." Actually I wanted to keep him close to study. "Go ahead." Zach shook him awake. "Get up dude."

He woke up with a start. "Who, what, when, huh?" He wiped his eyes. "Oh it's you guys." I raised my eyebrow, "yeah, it's us."

He looked around and his face fell, "w-what?" This was going to take long. "Yeah, yeah, get up, no one knows what's happening."

I looked out the tiny window in the door, I swear I felt a presence watching us. I looked at the purple haired kid, his aura changed from red to yellow. "Goodbye," I heard from down the hall. The purple haired kid and Zach were talking to each other. They didn't seem to notice the voice at all.

"What's your name?" I asked.
The guy shook his head, "Troy."
"Got any friends we need to look out for?"
He mumbled, "yeah one."
Zach and I shared a glance.
"Who?"
"My friend Devin."

OKAY, now Devin hasn't ever told us about this guy. How do they know each other? We've known each other for like, actually it's only been like a year. Maybe he still has secrets he hasn't told us. I'm actually curious about him, both Troy and Devin. What was their connection?

I told Troy and Zach to huddle up. Zach didn't like Troy, he said he seemed suspicious. Although, I felt like he's a good guy. And my judgements are usually correct. I have a list of people I'm unsure of, so I keep them close to me. You can never be sure of something so quick.

"Okay," I said to the group. "At the moment, we're on the left side of the school on the first floor at the very end." Zach raised his eyebrow, "you memorized all that in the past 10 minutes we separated?" I grinned, "you bet."

I explained the map of the school, "at the end of the hall should be a painting of Mozart, you turn a left, and there's an exit. Troy, you're going to go check to see if anything's wrong there." Zach whispered in my ear, "you sure we can trust him?" I looked at Troy, "yeah." I continued on, "I will stand outside the classroom and Zach, you stand between Troy and me."

     We all agreed and took our positions. Troy ran back with a worried look on his face. "What! What's wrong?" I asked. "T-There's no exit, just walls. And I-I kinda checked the other exits, and they were gone too."

     Zach yelled, "He was trying to leave us!" I said, "Calm down, calm down." I looked at Troy then Zach, "whatever Troy tried to do, didn't yet, so let's keep going."

I heard footsteps, hurrying like someone was being chased. And that's when she appeared.

"Truth," I said breathless, even though I wasn't the one running around Truth gave me a terrified expression then hugged me. We landed on the floor pretty bad.

"What happened?" I asked. She finally recovered and sat down infront of me. Her voice was smooth, "I woke up in the infirmary with the professor. But he left me there and said to be careful around him. He gave me a deadly stare before he left. Then hair, black shiny hair covered my entire body. I cut it, barely, and started to run." And softly she said, "then I found you, Zodiac."

I didn't tell her my name, I definitely didn't. We barely exchanged 10 words! She left me! I pushed that aside. I'll keep her under a watch and find out everything. The infirmary was all the way on the right side. This didn't seem right. She would have had to use the stairs up the down to cross. Cause the exits were blocked.

I didn't ask her though, she wouldn't have told me anyways.

The four of us huddled up. Troy said, "we should go in pairs of 2 and split up to gather information." I froze, "split up? SPLIT UP! Are you crazy? You never split up!" Truth laughed, "Like have you never seen a scary movie?"

In the end, we decided to not split up. "Dude, I'm trying to be all sneaky and all like those ninjas from Ninja Turtles but these wooden floors keep creaking!" I said.

Truth had to hold in her laughter, Troy's aura changed from yellow to red. It changed again. I'll need to keep a watch over him more.

We started walking to room 104. I was in the front with Truth, Troy behind us, and Zach was last to keep a watch over us.

I stepped on a floorboard but it made a different kind of sound. "Ccccckkkk." I raised my eyebrow, "wait hold up." Everyone stopped as I kneeled down to inspect it.

"No way." I heard someone muttered. What we saw was a pile of ripped off ears. Truth started tearing up. Troy went to the corner and threw up, coming back afterwards. The ears all had holes in them like knives were stabbed into it 100 times. In fact it didn't even look like ears, except for the fact that a post card that said, "I'm all ears for you."

"What the actual crap!" Zach yelled. I don't know if I should be scared. But I felt this was exciting yet dangerous at the same tine.

I've always thought of life as a game. The goal was to die in order to win but suiciding is cheating. Cheaters never win. Although it's horrible to think of it that way. Life was just boring, I wanted something more.

Something that could make my heart race and have an adventure. And that's what exactly what's happening right now.

"Guys, calm down." I said.
"CALM DOWN?" Zach yelled out.
"This was from long ago, we wouldn't have been able to do anything even if we knew how too."
"HOW DO YOU KNOW?" Asked Troy.
"Look at the post card, the writing is written out of feather ink pens. Not only that but it's beaten up and molded from being under too long."

Everyone studied it. Truth came to a conclusion, "he's right, I'm trying to be a scientist so I know these things."

Hmmm, a scientist? I'm not even sure what I want to do anymore. I started getting dizzy. I felt weak, like all my strength was sucked out of me. I blacked out.