Chapter 11

She never came back after that no matter how much I waited. I ended up passing out and sleeping for 2 days straight.

     I heard she was moving from our neighborhood. The old me would have cried. But I decided to be strong.

     Now I know that girl was Truth.

     Fosty spoke, "Truth is unique, you'll find out soon. I cannot tell you."

     "Interesting." I said, brewing with interest.
     "I'll watch over you."
     "Will we meet again?"
     "Perhaps." I'll find my own truth to my question.

     The hallway was empty. The fake Francie was gone. I hate it how they used her.

     I started hearing crying. I followed the sound to the left.

     Mag was kneeling down on the floor crying with Zach patting her back. Troy stood near them, staring off into space.

     "What happened?" I asked. Zach looked up, "she was dragged here and we followed after Devin and Truth went inside to have a talk. She's been crying ever since."

     I nodded, looking at Mag. "Get up! Mag, you're not weak. Just be how you've always been." Mag looked up, "really?" Zach looked at me and I looked at him. "Really."

     Truth came running in. She started to search around until she found me.

     "Zodiac! I-I can explain! Devin was possessed by something and became strange. A-And something came over me, making my body do something else!" She was stuttering and shaking all over the place. I could tell she was scared.

     I opened my arms. She ran into it, cozily snuggling in. "It's okay." I rubbed her head softly.

     "Uhhhhh, incase you haven't noticed, you're in a hallway in a pretty bad situation." Zach scold. I coughed. "Tell us what happened Mag."

     She shook her head. "If you can't tell us. Then we can't be able to help you." Troy said, looking at her.

    Mag sniffed, "you're -- you're right." Truth sat down next to her holding her. Mag nodded, "Francie told me to move away. She said something bad was going to happen. Then she carried me away to here. I-I just couldn't believe it was her."

     I nodded, she was trying to save her from the thing possessing Devin. "She was your best friend. Of course she would have warned you of danger!" I scoffed. Mag looked at me with her clear blue eyes, "I couldn't save her." She said softly.

     Troy went up to her and rubbed her head. Mag looked into his hazel eyes and nodded like a child. I guess they were having a silent talk.

     "After a few seconds of peace, everyone mourned for peace for Mag and Troy. The end." I grinned. Troy smacked my head. "Owwwwww!" I rubbed my head. Troy scowled, "too bad we're not dead yet."

     "Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa wait," Zach said, "did you hear that?"
     "Hear what?" Asked Truth.

     "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! S-STOP IT!" It came from up the hall. Everyone looked at each other then started sprinting towards the scream. The floorboard creaked with every step we took. I'm sure everyone in the building could have heard us rumbling like a herd of elephants.

     I was in the lead. With Zach and Troy behind me. And Mag and Truth behind them. I stopped dead in my tracks. Making Troy and Zach bump their nose into me. "Ouch!" They both said. "Watch it dude." Warned Troy. Fortunately, the girls stopped in time.

     "What's up?" Asked Truth. There it was, the professor and Devin. Devin was being choked by the professor. Devin noticed us, begging with pleading eyes, "please help m-e." He was definitely not possessed anymore.

     "Let him go!" Yelled Mag. The professor looked at us, tightening his grip of Devin's tan neck. "He's evil." He warned us.

     "He's not evil!" Yelled Troy, crying. "Stop it." I glared at the professor.

     Truth's eyes turned green to silver. She stretched her arms out, quickly slicing the air. The professor got flung back into the wall in the same direction.

     She was mumbling something low. I only got part of it. "He who shall.......... repent the sins......... tvchec zedec mundei!" The professor disappeared into thin air. "Dang it! He escaped."

     Devin fell down coughing, trying to catch his breath. Everyone turned to stare at Truth. Truth let out a deep breath and turned to me. "What the hell just happened Truth?" Zach asked. "No way," I said under my breath.

     Devin widened his eyes at Truth. "What are you?" Troy asked. Truth had a worried look. "I can explain."

     We were calm, surprisingly. Probably because we've been through too much. Everyone seated around in a circle. Truth was to my right and Zach on my left.

     Truth spoke, "I'm a Treasurer," waiting a few seconds for comments, "it's a being that help guides the zodiacs." Mag had a puzzled look, "wait wait, what are the zodiacs?" Truth said, "there are 13 zodiacs that have their own power, far stronger than Treasurers to lead people on the right path. Of course the 13th zodiac is the strongest, leading the rest. There are only 13 zodiacs with different set of powers... then explaining everything Fosty said. Finally asking, "do you believe me?"

     "I don't know but for now I do," said Devin, looking at us. "Yeah." Everyone agreed, "it wouldn't be the same without you." Truth sighed a relief. "Thank God."

     Devin sniffed the air. The smell hit us like a truck. I gagged a bit. I could tell Truth almost vomited a little inside her mouth.

     It was the smell of blood. "W-What is that?" Asked Troy. Although, we all knew the answer. It was cold hard blood.

     "Should we look at where it's coming from?" I asked. Mag whimpered, "but I'm scared too." Zach hugged her from behind, "we're all in this together," gently kissing her head. Mag looked at him, "you promise?" Zach smiled, "promise."

     Truth replied, "only if we're together then okay." Devin and Troy agreed. "Alright then." I announced.

     We went back to the left, then down the hall into room 202. I don't think any one believed their eyes but perhaps wanted to. The smell of blood seemed stronger. The door was wide open.

     It was a room filled with blood on the walls. But this was the strange thing, Francie was in the middle of the room without blood on her. She looked up, softly speaking, "guys?"

     Mag broke down, falling to the ground on her knees. "F-Francie?" She was shaking down to her feet.

     Mag slowly started walking towards her, extending her hands out. She put her hands on her red flooded cheeks softly. "Is it really you?" She cried, pulling her in to hug her.

     Francie hugged her tightly, "yes." She smiled. We all went in for a group hug, except me. Truth turned back, "aren't you going to come in Zodiac?" I shook my head, leaning against the door. Francie is alive. Or came back alive?

     Francie started tearing up, "I missed you guys --- so much." Devin spoke afterwards, "so why are there blood on the walls and how are you here?" Mag wiped her tears, "yeah, why no how are you here?"

     Francie smiled, "I wasn't eaten, it threw me up afterwards but I was sent somewhere, contacting you guys, then ended up here."

     "Is that so...?" Zach asked slowly. Francie hugged Devin. "I found a way back to the real world!" Francie said excited. "Wait what! Really!" Mag yelled. Devin smiled, "is that so... right Zach?" Zach looked at him, "right."

     Hmmmmm, I'm interested in this zombie escaping ninja. "So how do we go back?" I asked, grinning.