Chapter 8

When I was 5, he left us. He took his belongings and said to me, "I'll come back when you've grown."

I raised my hands up to be picked up. He said "no." I asked, "why not?" He patted my head, "I'm going."

"Going? Take me with you!" I smiled. He shook his head, "it's for adults." I frowned, "I want to be an adult."

All I remembered about him was his large hands picking me up and his body giving me warmth.

I was missing something. I don't remember his face. It was a blur. What did he look like? Dad...

He use to do magic tricks for me. He made things fly and wither, grow and teleport, die and reborn. He was simply magical.

The professor disappeared. But I know he's still here in this building.

The ground started rumbling. Floor tiles were disappearing. Some people were still shocked over what happened.

"Get up!" I yelled out to everyone, pulling them up. "This floor is disappearing!"

This seemed to shake Zach, Mag, and Truth, pulling everyone up, practically dragging them out.

The floorboards creaked, some disappeared. The people being dragged woke up to reality, realizing what was happening. "Great sleeping beauties, NOW GET UP!" I yelled out to them.

Their eyes went wild like the woman and started running towards the 2nd floor desperately.

Each floorboard disappeared just 1 second after we stepped on it. Everyone was pretty much side to side.

Truth fell, "help!" I looked behind and quickly pulled her up. Holding her hand, we made it to the 2nd floor.

Truth panted breathlessly on her knees. Mag cried, "I can't do this anymore!" Zach said, "wait!" Running after her.

Everyone else sat down on the 2nd floor, trying to catch our breaths. I flipped my black hair. Truth laid on my shoulder.

I closed my eyes. I wanted to forget everything.

An announcement came on, "this game will end in 30 hours, prepare for the secrets to unveil."

     I'm pretty sure we all had a confused look on our face. I whispered to Truth, "are you okay?" She nodded her head quietly.

     What secrets? There are secrets? Whose hiding them? Who knows them?

     I went to the amusement park once. I was really little. My dad took me there with him.

     We went on the teacups and all kinds of rides. We went on the Ferris Wheel. I went on it alone because my dad was scared of heights. I was in a white cart numbered #8.

     I saw the whole city blinking in lights. But something was wrong.

     The Ferris Wheel was breaking but only my cart! And no one noticed! It was going to fall and I was at the highest peak. Maybe this was why he was scared of heights.

     I screamed but nobody heard me. My dad flew up to me. He was flying even though he was scared. I cried watching him there.

     He opened his arms and I jumped into them and cried in his chest.

     We flew away, someplace far far away. No one noticed us flying or us leaving. It was just our memory.

     Zach and Mag came back holding hands. I looked at their hands then to their face. "What happened?" Asked Troy.

     "I just calmed her down," he smiled, looking at Mag. Mag blushed. I rolled my eyes.

     "Zodiac." Devin said. "Hmmmm?" I asked. "What would you do if I was apart of your family?" He asked. I smiled, "give you kisses everyday!" Devin laughed, "you promise?" I laughed, "no way dude."

     Troy looked at Mag then looked away. I felt a chill behind my back. "Wait, do you still have that ouija board you bring everyday Mag?" I asked. "Uh yeah, it's on my desk." She said.

     "Let's go to room 203." I said. Bringing everyone towards it. I looked at Mag's scratched up desk and took the ouija board out. "She always puts it in this room." I said.

     "Let's play!" I grinned. Troy smacked my head. "Dude, we're in a crisis and you want to play games?" I stared at him, making him flinch. "Just watch."

     I looked at everyone, "you all have to play." Everyone nodded quickly. We all put our hands on it, circling the board 3 times while saying, "ouija, ouija, ouija."

     "I'll ask first." I said. "What's your name?" It seemed to be little movements but suddenly it spelled out F-R-A-N-C-I-E, quickly. We all stared at each other. I could see the color draining out of their face.

     "Do you know us?" Asked Zach. It went to YES. Zach gulped. "Are you mad at us?" It went to NO. Zach had tears now, "but we couldn't save you!"

     She didn't respond. I asked, "why are you a ghost?" She spelled it out, D-E-S-T-I-N-Y. I asked out loud, "you needed to fulfill your destiny?" It speeded to YES. "So you need to fulfill it, you didn't yet?" It stayed on YES.

     Devin asked, "do you know who the killer is?" The board rumbled, flinging everything off the table. She was angry, very angry. Papers were going up in the air from the teacher's desk, which was suppose to be our work.

     Desks were flipped. The board landed on the ground. The planchette, you know the mini triangle skateboard used for ouija boards, landed on YES.

     Truth gasped. Everyone looked at the board. The color on our faces drained rather very quickly. We were too scared to go near it.

     Truth went near it, bravely asking, "who is it?" She only had her hand on it now.

     It tried to spell it but something was preventing it. It kept going back and forth, back and forth, continuing on.

     I took the planchette and looked through it. There she was, Francie before she died in the exact same "whatever" white crop top, red jeans, and a pink bow for her ponytail. But someone was behind her, suffocating her.

     That someone was dark and mysterious, in the shadows. He tied her hands back then it looked straight at me with its red eyes. It leaped on me, making me drop the planchette. "Francie is being suffocated by someone!" I yelled.