Prologue (edited)

The sun was setting behind a beautiful, clear sea that stretched beyond all wonders. Standing on top of a cliff stood a young woman with long black hair that ran loose through her slim body in a red silk kimono and tears running down her rudy red eyes as she watched the sunset. Brushing her hands against her face, she tried to stop her tears, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop the tears from falling. The pain was too much for her, but she knew that no matter how much she tried to be strong, she couldn't. She wasn't a strong person, no matter what others told her that she was.

As a hand touched her shoulders, she cried even more. She didn't want to face him; the pain was too much for her to bear. Slowly, two hands surrounded her as she was embraced warmly and comfortably. She could hear him breathing behind her, a soft, steady beat that sounded like a melody. Forcing a smile, she slowly turned to face a tall young man with blond hair and beautiful grey eyes that shined even more when he smiled. He had a muscular build due to the years of sailing the seas, but he had soft and gentle hands that she loved dearly. No matter what others said, he was her first and only love.

"It's going to be ok, my love," the man replied as he comforted the beautiful woman in his hands.

"I.....I don't want you to go," the woman struggled to say before she broke into tears again.

Come with me then. She wanted to hear that from him, but she knew better. Where he was going was no place for her. She learned as much as he knew, and he wouldn't endanger her. 

The woman hugged the man tighter. She wanted nothing more than to leave with him, sail the seas together, form a family, and live her life of freedom. But...

"I can't go. I can't leave him. Now that he needs me more than ever. I can't bear to abandon him.......I just can't. I promise him that I will always remain by his side." She whispered very softly, but the man heard her clearly despite the tears and sobbing on her face. "I can't leave with you."

The man only nodded in understatement and remained silent for a moment. 

The man grabbed the woman by the shoulders with his muscular hands and gently kissed his beloved. He shared one last kiss, knowing they would never see each other again.

"I love you too. You don't know how much. I will always remember the time we spent together, even for a short time," she replied, slowly parting from the kiss.

The man smiled and kissed her forehead before turning towards the sea. He looked at the sunset for one more second before walking down the hill and toward the ship waiting for him. The woman quietly watches the boat sailing away, taking her love along. Smiling, she watched the ship sail further away before there was nothing but a clear blue sea. Turning around, she began to walk down the hill, unaware that someone was watching from the shadows.