Chapter 2 Faith Of A Runaway

Running is all Allison has known since she ran away from the comforts of home. She managed to stow away in a trade ship before it left Wano and headed towards the unknown. Keeping quiet and not drawing attention to herself was a challenge in itself. She had never been out of her house, much less Wano, but she was on a trade ship heading to who knows where. Getting used to the ship's rocking was terrible enough as she tried not to throw up from the sea sickness. She quickly stole food from the kitchen when she had to and kept quiet in the storage room. It was a total nightmare.

Lucky for her, it wasn't long before the ship docked after a week at sea. Quick and quiet, Allison made her way out of the ship just as men began to disembark the supplies, just barely as she tried not to be spotted. Once she was out of sight, Allison ran towards the village away from the ship where she had arrived. Walking through the crowded people, she took notice of the different products and people surrounding her. People were smiling as they walked the streets; children were holding their mother's hands, men were holding their children over their shoulders, and people were talking, eating, walking, or just playing around. It was a happy village, her first village.

She continued until she came across a small restaurant. It wasn't that big or fancy, but the wonderful smell filled the air as she entered. A couple of tables weren't so full, and at the counter, only one man was smoking a cigar. Sitting right next to him, Allison waited for the waiter.

"Hello there," asked a young woman with light blue hair and brown eyes wearing a simple yellow shirt and brown pants over her white apron. "Would you like something to eat?"

Allison nodded, holding out 30 Beri. "Is this enough?"

"Sure, what would you like?"

"Rumen and water, please."

".....sure coming right up," the woman left as she headed into the kitchen. Looking at the man next to her, Allison took notice of his strange clothing. He was a tall thin man in a black suit with a black fedora smoking his cigar like he didn't have a care in the world. The small restaurant was full of life; people laughed and talked while others just ate meals with their families or friends. But the man next to her was all alone, just smoking a cigar. She continued to stare at the strange man, not making any noise or movement, nor did the man as he continued to smoke his cigar like it didn't bother him to have someone looking at him or he didn't notice it.

Allison would have continued to look at the man, but the woman returned carrying a bowl of the rumen and a glass of water. "Here you go. Enjoy"

"Thank you," Bowing to the waitress, who smiled in return before attending to another customer. Allison began to consume her food, taking her time slavering the flavor. While she was eating, a large man entered the room. He looked around the room until he spotted his target, a tall and thin man wearing a fedora sitting next to a small girl with dirty clothes and short white hair. Smiling, he took out his gun and walked towards his target, only a few feet away. He aimed, but just as he was about to fire, the tall thin man with the fedora quickly turned around and shot his gun out of his hands, leaving him with a bleeding hand.

The shots alerted everyone as those close to the doors ran out. Those in the kitchen ran out the back door, leaving the room empty except for the two strong men and a young girl who had no way out. Allison didn't move as she was frozen in fear. She was trapped—the large man beside her and the thin and quick man beside her.

"I underestimated you. But I won't do that the second time." Laughing, the large man held his bleeding hand. "I have my crew just outside waiting outside, so the moment you step outside, you're dead."

The large man continued to laugh despite the pain in his hand. While Allison watched in horror. The fedora man made no movements but stood there with a smirk.