Chapter 18 Faith Of A Captain Part 10

Somewhere in the North Blue

The Grimm Argo sailed through the north blue as fast as there ship could take them. Allison in the helm with Ken, Rick, Austin and Beckett keeping an eye out for any sight of land. Two days had passed since Izumi fell ill, two days since there nonstop search for land. Two days without any sleep or food.

Shizuo tired locating any sort of land but he didn't know much about the islands of the north so there wasn't much he could do. Maeve never left Izumi side constantly trying to keep Izumi body cool since she was burning up from a harsh fever. Axel stood by her side keeping an eye or helping the others up on the deck.

"She is going to make it, isn't she?" Maeve asked. Her eyes red from all the crying in the past two days. Axel looked away not wanting to meet her eyes. Being honest to himself, Axel didn't know of Izumi was going to survive. Izumi wound was very critical if not maybe life threatening. Shizuo told them that it was possible that that Izmui would was infected or it's possible that some sort of poison was released to her body when she was scratched by Jumanji. Shizuo couldn't tell them more then that because he wasn't a doctor, all he could do is disinfect the wound but that didn't help as much. Izumi's fever continued to drag her energy as her body worked nonstop to get ride of the poison inside her but at time even the body needed help.

Maeve looked back to Izumi was sweating and nonstop mumbling. A sudden growling sound filled the room breaking everyone thoughts.

"Your hungry aren't you"

"......."

Axel sighed as he began to head out. "I figure as much. Two days without food is bad."

"No it's fine. Am not hungry. Really" Maeve answered.

Axel raised his brow. "Couldn't have fooled me."

"......."

"Am not good at cooking but it's better then nothing. The others maybe tired and hungry by now."

Maeve stared at him if he was crazy. How can he be thinking of food when Izumi was slowly dying. Axel didn't bother to wait for her replied as he exited the room. Heading up the deck.

££££££££££££££££
Meanwhile in the Deck
£££££££££££££££££

"Land ho!!" Rick cried from the crow's nest. Catching everyone attention of those near by.

Allison and Shizuo looked around until a island came into sight.

"It's not far from here. 30 minutes at most"

Allison nodded to Shizuo as she let him take control of the wheel.

"Rick remove the Jolly Roger" Allison ordered.

"..........."

"Why?" Ken asked.

"We can't take any chances" Allison warned. "If this island is like any other them we mustn't let them figure out if we're pirates. We keep it low, get Izumi treated and leave as soon as we can."

Despite their confusion, Rick and Austin began to remove the Jolly Roger. Or anything pirate related inside the stock room where no one would find them. The Grimm's Argo sailed smoothly against the calm waves, preparation were made. Izumi remained in constant watch as they sailed closer to the island.