Chapter 16 Faith of the Jumanji Prisoners Part 3

£££££££
With Beckett and Rick
£££££££

"How much longer do we have to walk" Rick complained as he dragged himself behind Beckett.

Beckett ignored Rick as he continued to walk through the dark tunnel. After the had fallen in (it was totally Rick's fault), they managed to survive the fall because they ended up having to work together. Using his abilities Rick managed to make their fall less painful as he soften the ground a bit before they made impact. Instead of fallen in the hard ground, they fell in a deep mud pool. That where things become even more worst, they were out of the frying pan and into the fire. Beckett had managed to drag himself (with Rick on his back) out of the mud of pool and into hard ground. They weren't dead but they were lost and covered in mud which totally ruined Beckett's day.

If anything Beckett blamed everything at Rick, for never leaving him alone. He only joined the crew to take down the Red Corp. and nothing more, so why did he had to ended up with his fool.

For the past two year he had to put up with him, Rick who was driving him insane. And it was only him, Axel was ok because he always gave him his space as did Shizuo, Ken, and Austin. Izumi was at times in his case but he was able to stand her, Allison was a whole different matter. Allison was his captain and he would obey her every word at least until they take down the Red Corp after all she had promised him that she was going to leave the boss to him and so far she hasn't broken her promise. And then there  was Rick, the head shipwrights of the crew, he will never admitted in person but he found Rick's devil fruit abilities quiet reliable. It was too bad that the owner wasn't as much.

And here he was lost with this man.

"I think we should stop for a moment and get something to eat" Rick suggested.

Beckett stopped in his track and sighed before responding. "It's better that we keep going. Something tells me this isn't the best place to be"

Rick gave him a confused expression. "Why?"

Beckett didn't bother to respond as he continued to walk. The path was dark and there was very little to see where they were going. They just end followed the path through the dark looking tunnel. Unlike the surface of the island, this part of the island was the opposite of beautiful. There were dead trees, broken and old. The ground was hard dead with no sign of life, it was quite probably to quiet.

The sooner they got out of there the better but there was the problem of just how they were going to do that.

"Ugh Beckett"

Beckett stopped in his track and turned around to face Rick. "What!"

"Please tell me those are fireflies" Rick whimpered as he pointed towards some trees just a bit ahead of the them. Beckett frowned and looked in the direction that Rick had pointed, and just Rick had said there was a pair of glowing eyes watching them.

Nobody moved for a while as the glowing eyes continued to stock them. Rick hid behind Beckett as he peaked once a few seconds to see if it was gone. But it remained there.

"Whose there?  you better come out!" Beckett shouted.

The only responds that they got was a couple blinks from the glowing eyes. Beckett frowned and decided to let it go as he turned around. But was stopped by Rick's cries.

"Beckett! Look it come out!"

Beckett quickly turned around and was surprised to fine a strange little creature. Nothing he ever seen before. It was probably the ugliest animal he seen, it had one small horn growing from its for head and spikes around in it like fur.