4 : 'Ditched'

Chapter 4

"You have to change the group.. I can't do it with her..." Hunter's voice became much clearer when I walked forward to where he was talking to Ms. Kitts, our English teacher.

Ms. Kitts looked up to me, and in queue, Hunter faced my direction with a bigger scowl on his face.

"I'm sorry, Hunter.. But the teams have been decided, I can't change anything.." Ms. Kitts smiled apologetically at Hunter.

"But.. Then let me do it alone.." Hunter suggested immediately.

"Alone?" Ms. Kitts looked surprised, "And what about Amanda then? Is she okay to do the project alone too?"

"Absolutely not!" I barged in from behind. Alone was not an option for me. Let's face it, I'm an average student. If I start on a project alone, I'll never be able to finish it off in time, and I'm sure as hell will fail in it.

"Well, there you have it. Can't change anything now, Hunter.. You have to do it with her.." She smiled at us again.

Hunter didn't wait any longer there and stormed out of the class immediately. I followed after him with equal rage.

"Hey, what's your deal?" I yelled at him as soon as we were out in the corridor.

"Excuse me?" He turned around with a confusing look.

"Yeah, you heard right. What is your deal?" I stepped infront of him, "I heard how you wanted to do the project alone instead of with me.. I mean, why is it that you hate me so much?"

"Listen..." Hunter started but soon was stopped by Vanessa who yelled from the other end.

"Hurry up, Amanda.. Class's starting"

Our conversation didn't go further than that. Hunter walked out before me, and sooner the whole class were seating at the chem. Lab and waiting for Mr. Bakerson.

"Morning, students.." Mr. Bakerson smiled an enormous grin before running his hand through his half-bald head.

"So, I've heard, you people have been given this term's project assignments by the very charming Ms. Kitts, haven't you?" He grinned stupidly at us before continuing, "So, you all have been divided into teams, right?"

Some answered cheerfully, and some unlucky people like me, tried to forget that we even had an English class this morning. Mr. Bakerson already knew everything that concerned Ms. Kitts. It was like he had his spies everywhere around her.

"Well, here's the good news..." Nothing can be good now...