9 : 'Castle'

Chapter 9

When Hunter had told me that I needed to do something, I never expected to be standing inside their kitchen helplessly looking at the two figures grinning to themselves from the dining table.

"You want me to make sandwiches, now?" I asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah.. One each for me, Eve and Dad.. And since I'm too considerate, you can have one for yourself" Hunter smirked from his chair.

"Seriously, Hunter, were you planning this all along?" I could just imagine him do that.

"What-Me? Nah.. I just happen to think about it right now.." He grinned evilly, "Now hurry up, Ryder, we don't have all day.."

"What's happening here?" Jack, Hunter's Dad, walked out from his study. He looked at me cluelessly as I was making a mess of myself, trying to make those sandwiches.

"Dad, she is a great cook, but right now she is focusing on making us sandwiches. You should have one.." Hunter suggested and I glared at him.

I angrily hand-signaled him to come into the kitchen.But he took his own time, strolling leisurely.

"You know, I told you that I am a terrible cook, and that was my first time" I whispered yelled when he was inside, "I didn't even know how bad was the first one.."

"Don't worry, let me be the judge" He winked and walked away.

Around thirty minutes later, every one of us was having one sandwich each. I put in a lot of mayo in the breads. I like mayo, but maybe they didn't. Nevertheless, Jack and Eve really liked it, as for Hunter, he didn't bother to praise.

"Come, Aman-da, now you have to see my room.." Eve was impatient by now. She ran towards me and pulled me along with her.

"You go ahead, I'll clear this up.." Hunter told me from the kitchen. Jack had again retreated back to his room.

I went upstairs to see that there were only two rooms here. One had a 'skull do-not enter' poster on its door and I pretty well guessed whose room it could be. Eve took me to the other door and the poster here said 'princess Evana'.

When she opened the door, I was pretty amazed to see what was inside. The usual things lay at each side of the wall, but what caught my eyes was that there was no bed. Instead, in the middle of the room, a huge blanket was dropped very articulately to make it look like some kind.. of hiding place maybe?

Evana ran ahead and switched on some lights that covered the blanket. And now you could see it clearly. There was mini room inside this room.

"Do you like it?" Evana asked, gleaming with joy.