14 : 'Mom'

Chapter 14

"Ryder!" I hated when he called me that.
I turned around quickly and started walking in the opposite direction.
I could hear Hunter open the café door and shut it loudly behind me. He was probably following to catch up to me now.

But on my defense, I wasn't stalking him. If everyone had forgotten, I would like to remind that I was not the stalker, he was!
Yeah, okay, I was watching him from outside, through the glass wall of the café, while he was working inside without noticing my presence, but still..

"Ryder!" He called out again as I walked faster.

I wasn't supposed to be here today. I don't know why I came, and then I had to get caught staring at him. Curse my luck!

"What? Now you're gonna run away? I caught you red handed!" He said when he caught up to me. Walking side by side, we were actually avoiding to look at each other.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Ryder, if you're that desperate to talk to me, you just have to say so" Hunter gloated.

I faltered for a second. Yes, alright, I was missing him. It had been a week since that fight, and all we did for the week after that was- fight some more. In school, after school, at home- in phone calls or text- we just fought! He wasn't sorry for how he behaved and it was quite evident that he didn't want me back as his friend any longer.

"It's Sunday, you weren't supposed to work today. So, I didn't come to see you"

"Liar! Wait, where are you going?" Hunter asked when he saw me walking away again.

"Why do you care?"

"I don't. But that's not the way to your house" Hunter started following again.

"Who said I'm going home?" I gave him a look.

"Then where are you going?"

"Like I asked, why do you care?"

"Ryder, you came to see me. Just say what you want to say" Hunter was getting impatient.

"I didn't come to see you" I replied angrily.

"Then why did you come?" He stepped closer.

On the far sight, I saw a café, "I came for a coffee"

"Then why didn't you buy one?" Hunter mocked.