24 : 'Kiss'

#2 In Teen Fiction's Hot list. Wow!

Okay, here's a pic of Hunter- tell me if you like him.

On a side note, it's not always the guys who get friendzoned.
Sometimes, the girls get it too.
And I know many of you don't like Hunter's reaction to all of this, but trust me, this actually happens. This story is not that much of a fiction! ;)

Chapter 24

(Wednesday)

"Why don't you tell me how you got hurt?" Carter whispered a little angrily.

"I told you, I fell" I lied looking at him.

"Yeah? How?" I could see he wasn't buying it.

"Why don't we talk about you for a bit?" I asked back, "Tell me about your parents"

"They died when I was a two" Carter whispered and I instantly felt guilty.

"I'm sorry-" I said honestly as Carter smiled to assure me it was okay, "So who else do you have?"

"No one" Carter said instantly.

"You are lying! How can you have no one?" I asked softly, while staring at his deep black eyes. It was Ms. Kitts English class and strangely she didn't want to teach us anything today, so she made us read something. Half of the class didn't even feel like reading anything, but they were quiet. Carter and I laid our heads over the bench and kept talking.

"It's true" He whispered back. He had a sad smile on his lips.

His hand lay in-between us. I could see the small drawings I had made on them. In return, he had drawn a bird on the back of my palm. Now, I lifted my hand to hold his hand into mine, "I'm so sorry, Carter. I didn't know this topic would hurt you-"

"Relax, Amanda-" He whispered back, "You didn't know. And I don't even remember my real parents. My foster parents-"

Someone coughed loudly from the other side of the class. I raised my head to see it was Hunter. It was the fifth time he coughed so loudly. Was he sick?

"What about your foster parents?" I asked after putting my head down again.

"They are okay I guess. They doesn't scold me or anything. They let me do whatever I want. It's just-" Carter stopped, thinking hard.

"It's okay-" I squeezed his hand. And for the sixth time, I heard Hunter cough.

"Hunter, are you okay?" Ms. Kitts asked from her seat.

"I'm alright!" Hunter replied and then looked at me for a second before looking back at Amara again. Obviously Amara was sitting beside him.