16 : 'Not Amara'

Chapter 16

"You can cook as well?" I asked in frustration when we walked out of the store, "What else can you do?"

Hunter looked my way with a huge smile on his face.

"I made you stupid sandwiches for all this time and today you tell me that you can cook?" I glared at him.

Hunter laughed placing one of his arms around my shoulder and pulling me closer, "That's why I'm gonna cook you some real food today"

I elbowed him a punch in his stomach and moved away, "Seriously, what else can you do? Apart from being good at studies, you can sing, dance and even build castles out of nothing. So, what can't you do?"

Hunter laughed, taking the shopping bags from my hands, "I'm gonna teach you how to cook today. So watch and learn from your ultimate chef!"

"Whatever! Just make it fast. I'm starving already" I shrugged turning back to look back at the store.

"What's wrong?" Hunter asked, following my gaze to stare back at the store.

"No-nothing" I shrugged off the weird feeling and turned away again.

Hunter didn't think of it much and as we started off for his truck, we suddenly realized that we had parked the truck a long way from the store. We both stared at each other when I saw Hunter walking up to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked when he came closer and handed me all the three bags he was carrying.

"You're gonna hold onto this until I come back with the truck" Hunter smirked slyly.

"No- Never!" I stepped back, but he managed to put all the bags on my hand, "I won't do this. They are heavy!"

"Come on, Barbie! I won't be long" Hunter winked.

"Why don't we take them all back to the car together" I suggested a different yet better solution.

"No" He gave a long thought about it, "Its better this way"

"Why?" I asked totally irritated at his decision.

"Coz, you look cute waiting for me like this" He smirked wider and I was sure I had blushed like a retard at that remark. He ruffled my hair and started walking, "Wait here- two minutes"

He walked away and I realized how terribly and madly I had fallen for this boy. It had been a week since the fight he did at school and I hadn't yet told him about my feelings. I was still scared that I'll lose him the moment I confess, but deep inside I was hoping that he will like me back too.