15 : 'Money-bag'

Guys, do you watch Tvd?
If yes, then go and read "I Know You (A Vampire diaries fanfiction")
I don't usually do this, but I came across her story today, and she writes amazingly well. I was so hooked with the story that I had to tell you guys about her. Unfortunately she doesn't get many reads. So help her out please. :) 

Now, back to the story:-

Chapter 15

"Do you ever regret anything?" Hunter asked as he drove us to school the next morning.

I was comfortably listening to some old song on the radio when his question came out of nowhere.

"Why?" I looked at him.

He was looking ahead, "Do you?"

I turned away to look out of the window, "Yeah, I regret leaving home"

When I turned back to face him, he had scrunched his eyebrows to stare at me angrily. So, I clarified, "I don't regret coming here. I just regret how I left home. You know, fighting with my parents because I thought I wasn't needed there"

We were silent after that. A lot of old memories raced through my mind and I closed my eyes to make them go away.

"What about you?" I asked him back after sometime.

"I regret a lot of things, Ryder" Hunter spoke slowly, "Some of them I can't take back-"

"What if you get a do-over?" I asked and he looked at me with amusement.

He let out a small chuckle, "You don't get do-overs in real life, Ryder. What's done is done!"

"What if you get one?" I asked in a determined tone, "What if you got a chance to do things differently this time? Or a chance to make things right? Won't you take that chance? I know I would"

"Yeah, maybe I would too-" He smiled as if he realized something.

When we reached school, I told him that I won't be having lunch with him today. He smiled and told me, "It's okay, we'll go back together. See you after school. Don't be late" He ruffled my perfectly done hair and ran away. I followed him behind, as usual, cursing something bad under my breath.

At lunch break, the group was divided into two-

"What were you thinking, Amanda!" Vanessa yelled from beside me. Lily was quiet, just staring at us, but not speaking.

"Do you even know what you did? Why you'd you even think of doing something like this?!!" She yelled again as I quietly went on listening to her outbursts.