The Rapture

Chapter 16 - The Rapture

I gasped for breath as I opened up my eyes and took in my surroundings.

Hands were immediately placed on either of my shoulders, keeping me in my place on the bed. I squinted then a smile appeared on my face when I felt tingles spread through that person's touch.

"Mason," I smiled up at the beautiful face.

I saw a tear drip from his eye as he smiled in relief. He bent down and kissed my forehead softly and tenderly. 

"Thank god you're alright," he said.

I raised my good arm and weakly grabbed the back of his head, bringing his lips down onto mine. He was taken off guard at first but responded quickly. His lips tasted so soft and sweet, just like his touch. His hands cupped my cheeks as he asked for entrance with his tongue. I gave it to him without hesitation. I couldn't shake this feeling I was having, but I knew exactly how to describe it.

It was love.

I loved him...more than anything. 

How I missed him...

We continued in our kiss for a few minutes and I moaned with pleasure as he explored my mouth with his tongue. I was never so happy than in this moment. 

Then I winced when reality started to impact me fully and I escaped my paradise. Mason pulled away immediately and looked down at me with worry in his eyes, but just a hint of lust was left. "Are you alright?"

I smiled, still a little out of breath and nodded. "Just forgot I was hurt for a minute."

He chuckled a low, relieved chuckle. He looked as happy and relived to see me as I was him. 

"I love you, Mason," I smiled, wiping the shredded tear from his cheek.

He placed his hand over mine on his face and leaned into it, closing his eyes. "I love you too," he said, looking at me, "more than I can express."

I smiled. Then I looked around. "Where am I?"

He smiled, not breaking any sort of contact with my skin. "You're still on the reservation. You've been out for a few hours. They wouldn't let me take you until you gave consent." Why was that? "They're not trusting of our kind," he explained. 

"Oh," I said. Then I started to move to sit up and Mason put his hands behind my back, helping me and taking the pressure off my ribs. "Thanks."

He kneeled down in front of me, taking his hand and cupping my cheek. He looked me up and down like he was accessing the damage. "How badly are you hurt?" he asked seriously.

I smiled sheepishly. "Just...broken leg, a few ribs I think. I don't even feel the concussion anymore. I'm healing quickly..." I looked around. "What did that guy give me? Weed? It totally knocked me out. I feel a lot better," I stated. 

I smiled to myself. I remembered everything. The dream...the all too real dream, I remembered it all. Especially what I learned from it. It was strange, though. I felt like I actually lived it. 

Mason shrugged. "Probably some herb. What happened?" 

I smiled. "I'll explain everything later. Let's just go home, okay?"

He nodded and smiled tenderly. Then he bent down and scooped me up in his arms bridle style. I held in a grunt as it put a slight pressure on my ribs, but I don't think that fooled him because he loosened his grip as he held me.