The Sigil

Chapter 34 - The Sigil

I woke up to a smashing sound and jerked wide awake.

"Sorry, my bad," Holt chuckled to himself as he stood up from the ground, knocking a glass off the table. Our sleepover wore all of us out and we fell asleep quickly last night. The living room was pretty crowded with all of us sleeping sprawled out all over the place. 

I rolled my eyes at Holt and sat up. Mason started to stir beside me too and rubbed his eyes.

"What time is it?" Duke asked and I saw him waking up too.

"Too damn early," Austin commented, turning over and putting the pillow over his head.

"Shh...Go back to sleep," Flynn said, mimicking Austin's move.

I chuckled and smiled at Mason. "Seems like we wore the children out."

He chuckled then grabbed my waist and dragged me back down. "Go back to sleep. It's early..."

I sighed. "I know," I kissed him softly. "But we need to start preparing."

"But we're going to be up all night, so go back to sleep," he persisted, squeezing me closer.

I shook my head. "We can sleep when we're dead. I need to run through the field again. Didn't get a chance to since you put those traps down."

He sighed. He knew I was right. "Alright, let's go then. I'll show you."

"Flynn! Get your foot out of my face!" Austin hissed.

"Get your face out of my foot!" Flynn commented back, shoving his foot more into Austin's face.

"Flynn! Wrong face!" Duke hissed.

Flynn laughed. "My bad."

"Ow!" Austin hissed again.

Flynn chuckled. "Gotcha!"

I rolled my eyes at Mason and he mimicked a smilier response to the idiots. "Alright, you guys...up and adam! Burning daylight!"

"Wish we were," Austin grumbled as he got up, rubbing his eyes.

I laughed at him. "Love the bed head, princess."

"Shut up," he grumbled and smoothed down his Alfalfa looking hair.

I screamed suddenly when someone picked me up and threw me over their shoulders. "Duke! Put me down!" I giggled.

He bounced up and down, laughing with the others.

"I don't think so! You're much less of a drill sergeant up there," he said.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his butt. "And you're a lazy ass who would sleep all day if not for said drill sergeant!"

"She's got a point there, bro," Holt said, chuckling.

Duke carried me over to the kitchen and put me down on the counter. "Now, I want you to be silent as we all calmly eat our breakfast. No talk about fighting, training, nothing...just silence. Got it?" he pointed at me with an amused expression.

I mocked zipping my mouth shut and throwing away the key as I swung my legs back and forth on the counter. 

"Good," he chuckled and started making bacon as usual. 

"One day you're going to turn into a piece of bacon you know," I smirked.

He pointed the spatula at me. "What did I just say?"