Chapter 34

Why am I even running?

Why am I even trying?

I can't run from a vampire, who am I kidding, with my lack of skills I couldn't even have run from a snail.

My heart's beating like a wild drum against my chest and if I'm not exaggerating right now, I know a vampire can hear it for miles.

Which in my case isn't so good.

My palms are sweaty and I can feel tiny beads of swear roll down my spine as I push my back against the tree.

Is this the end?

I know for sure that Lisanna has both the strength and speed to find me, she can also smell my blood and hear my blood flow through my veins.

Colt very nicely told me that he can hear it and I at first found it disgusting until I realized that he technically didn't ask for it.

My breath is ragged and I feel myself slowly going into a panic attack.

"Come out little lamb, I won't hurt you," she sings sweetly from not that far away.

I gulp and make a run for it.

Right now I have nothing to lose.

As I run further into the woods I find myself stumbling and falling into a river.

Well the loud splash certainly didn't give me away at all.

Quickly I get up and across it, falling behind a huge boulder that was placed a few feet from the river.

"Gwen, I won't hurt you," she says, a few seconds later she laughs hysterically like a wicked witch.

I'm just awaiting the flying monkeys.

"L-Lisanna, w-why don't we talk about this?" I say calmly and carefully, knowing she has her hearing.

Ever so carefully I take a peak over the boulder and see her walking around on the other side of the river, her long nails gleaming in the moonlight.

So that's how I'll die.

I'm already picturing the headlines.

'Girl found dead in woods with broken nails stuck in her throat'

How I can even come up with that in this situation is unbelievable.

Sweat kept on trickling down my back and forehead as I stayed low behind the boulder.

Colt.

Please come help me, I beg you.

"Found you."

My scream got stuck in my throat as she back handed me across the face, sending my body into the boulder hard.

I groan as the air gets knocked out of my lungs and I clutch my stomach when I land on my hands and knees.

"What does he see in you, huh?" she hissed, pushing me onto the ground with her foot.

"A personality maybe," I muttered to myself and spat the blood from my lip.

It's my last moment, might as well go with something she'll remind me for.

"What? Do you dare talk back to me!"

I coughed, my lungs feeling sore.

Deciding to stay on the ground I tuck my legs to my stomach to protect my organs.

"Apparently I do," I reply drily.

The hatred and anger is clear in her eyes even when I can barely see them because of the dark.